Pharo 7 proxy problem

Vitor Medina Cruz
Hello,

I decided to give a try on Pharo 7 and see how iceberg is doing.... on windows :)

Pharo launcher is working fine by the way — I had some problems with it in the past, but it seems more stable now.

Well, if using windows isn't bad enought I am behind a proxy, so I use cntlm and my configuration in Pharo 6.1 for cntlm proxy on localhost works fine, but in 7 don't. First it seems to not recognize localhost as 127.0.0.1, it prompts the message: NameLookupFailure: cannot resolve 'localhost'

Using 127.0.0.1 I got a PrimitiveFailure (Ick!):

PrimitiveFailed: primitive #primSocketCreateNetwork:type:receiveBufferSize:sendBufSize:semaIndex:readSemaIndex:writeSemaIndex: in Socket failed'

Since it is a primitive problem, I figure there is no workaround possible here... right?

Socket(ProtoObject)>>primitiveFailed:
Socket(ProtoObject)>>primitiveFailed
Socket>>primSocketCreateNetwork:type:receiveBufferSize:sendBufSize:semaIndex:readSemaIndex:writeSemaIndex:
Socket>>initialize:
[ super new initialize: TCPSocketType ] in Socket class>>newTCP in Block: [ super new initialize: TCPSocketType ]
BlockClosure>>repeatWithGCIf:
Socket class>>newTCP
ZdcSocketStream class(ZdcSimpleSocketStream class)>>openConnectionToHost:port:timeout:
ZnNetworkingUtils>>socketStreamToUrlDirectly:
ZnNetworkingUtils>>socketStreamToProxy
ZnNetworkingUtils>>socketStreamToUrl:
ZnNetworkingUtils class>>socketStreamToUrl:
ZnClient>>newConnectionTo:
ZnClient>>getConnectionAndExecute
ZnClient>>executeWithRedirectsRemaining:
[ self executeWithRedirectsRemaining: self maxNumberOfRedirects ] in ZnClient>>executeWithRetriesRemaining: in Block: [ self executeWithRedirectsRemaining: self maxNumb...etc...
BlockClosure>>on:do:
ZnClient>>executeWithRetriesRemaining:
[ self executeWithRetriesRemaining: self numberOfRetries ] in [ [ self executeWithRetriesRemaining: self numberOfRetries ]
    on: Error
    do: self ifFailBlock ] in ZnClient>>executeWithTimeout in Block: [ self executeWithRetriesRemaining: self numberOfR...etc...
BlockClosure>>on:do:
[ [ self executeWithRetriesRemaining: self numberOfRetries ]
    on: Error
    do: self ifFailBlock ] in ZnClient>>executeWithTimeout in Block: [ [ self executeWithRetriesRemaining: self numberO...etc...
[ ^ block value ] in ZnClient>>withTimeoutDo: in Block: [ ^ block value ]
[ activeProcess psValueAt: index put: anObject.
aBlock value ] in ZnConnectionTimeout(DynamicVariable)>>value:during: in Block: [ activeProcess psValueAt: index put: anObject....
BlockClosure>>ensure:
ZnConnectionTimeout(DynamicVariable)>>value:during:
ZnConnectionTimeout class(DynamicVariable class)>>value:during:
ZnClient>>withTimeoutDo:
ZnClient>>executeWithTimeout
[ result := self executeWithTimeout ] in ZnClient>>execute in Block: [ result := self executeWithTimeout ]
[ ^ block value ] in ZnClient>>withProgressDo: in Block: [ ^ block value ]

Regards,
Vitor

Re: Pharo 7 proxy problem

EstebanLM
have you tested your windows can resolve localhost?
I’m not a regular windows user, but I remember time ago this was not evident on windows systems.

Esteban

> [...]
>     on: Error
>     do: self ifFailBlock ] in ZnClient>>executeWithTimeout in Block: [ [ self executeWithRetriesRemaining: self numberO...etc...
> [ ^ block value ] in ZnClient>>withTimeoutDo: in Block: [ ^ block value ]
> [ activeProcess psValueAt: index put: anObject.
> aBlock value ] in ZnConnectionTimeout(DynamicVariable)>>value:during: in Block: [ activeProcess psValueAt: index put: anObject....
> BlockClosure>>ensure:
> ZnConnectionTimeout(DynamicVariable)>>value:during:
> ZnConnectionTimeout class(DynamicVariable class)>>value:during:
> ZnClient>>withTimeoutDo:
> ZnClient>>executeWithTimeout
> [ result := self executeWithTimeout ] in ZnClient>>execute in Block: [ result := self executeWithTimeout ]
> [ ^ block value ] in ZnClient>>withProgressDo: in Block: [ ^ block value ]

Re: Pharo 7 proxy problem

Vitor Medina Cruz
Yes, it can resolve.

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 1:30 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

>     on: Error
>     do: self ifFailBlock ] in ZnClient>>executeWithTimeout in Block: [ [ self executeWithRetriesRemaining: self numberO...etc...
> [ ^ block value ] in ZnClient>>withTimeoutDo: in Block: [ ^ block value ]
> [ activeProcess psValueAt: index put: anObject.
> aBlock value ] in ZnConnectionTimeout(DynamicVariable)>>value:during: in Block: [ activeProcess psValueAt: index put: anObject....
> BlockClosure>>ensure:
> ZnConnectionTimeout(DynamicVariable)>>value:during:
> ZnConnectionTimeout class(DynamicVariable class)>>value:during:
> ZnClient>>withTimeoutDo:
> ZnClient>>executeWithTimeout
> [ result := self executeWithTimeout ] in ZnClient>>execute in Block: [ result := self executeWithTimeout ]
> [ ^ block value ] in ZnClient>>withProgressDo: in Block: [ ^ block value ]

Re: Pharo 7 proxy problem

Vincent.Blondeau

Hi,

Could you send the serialized stack of your primitive failure?

And the version of Pharo you are using?

Thanks,

Vincent Blondeau

> [...]

>     on: Error
>     do: self ifFailBlock ] in ZnClient>>executeWithTimeout in Block: [ [ self executeWithRetriesRemaining: self numberO...etc...
> [ ^ block value ] in ZnClient>>withTimeoutDo: in Block: [ ^ block value ]
> [ activeProcess psValueAt: index put: anObject.
> aBlock value ] in ZnConnectionTimeout(DynamicVariable)>>value:during: in Block: [ activeProcess psValueAt: index put: anObject....
> BlockClosure>>ensure:
> ZnConnectionTimeout(DynamicVariable)>>value:during:
> ZnConnectionTimeout class(DynamicVariable class)>>value:during:
> ZnClient>>withTimeoutDo:
> ZnClient>>executeWithTimeout
> [ result := self executeWithTimeout ] in ZnClient>>execute in Block: [ result := self executeWithTimeout ]
> [ ^ block value ] in ZnClient>>withProgressDo: in Block: [ ^ block value ]

Re: Pharo 7 proxy problem

Vitor Medina Cruz
Oh! on 32 bits version worked \o/, just tested it now.

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 3:43 PM, Vitor Medina Cruz <[hidden email]> wrote:
I just download it using Pharo Launcher

Out of curiosity, how do I deserialize it into an image? :)

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 3:36 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]

>     on: Error
>     do: self ifFailBlock ] in ZnClient>>executeWithTimeout in Block: [ [ self executeWithRetriesRemaining: self numberO...etc...
> [ ^ block value ] in ZnClient>>withTimeoutDo: in Block: [ ^ block value ]
> [ activeProcess psValueAt: index put: anObject.
> aBlock value ] in ZnConnectionTimeout(DynamicVariable)>>value:during: in Block: [ activeProcess psValueAt: index put: anObject....
> BlockClosure>>ensure:
> ZnConnectionTimeout(DynamicVariable)>>value:during:
> ZnConnectionTimeout class(DynamicVariable class)>>value:during:
> ZnClient>>withTimeoutDo:
> ZnClient>>executeWithTimeout
> [ result := self executeWithTimeout ] in ZnClient>>execute in Block: [ result := self executeWithTimeout ]
> [ ^ block value ] in ZnClient>>withProgressDo: in Block: [ ^ block value ]

Re: Pharo 7 proxy problem

Vincent.Blondeau

Great!

Could you create a bug report with the stack trace here: https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/new ?

It should be an issue with the socket library under x64.

Drag and drop the file into the image ;)

However the classes should be the same, otherwise you’ll get an error. That’s why I asked the version

Cheers,

Vincent

> [...]

>     on: Error
>     do: self ifFailBlock ] in ZnClient>>executeWithTimeout in Block: [ [ self executeWithRetriesRemaining: self numberO...etc...
> [ ^ block value ] in ZnClient>>withTimeoutDo: in Block: [ ^ block value ]
> [ activeProcess psValueAt: index put: anObject.
> aBlock value ] in ZnConnectionTimeout(DynamicVariable)>>value:during: in Block: [ activeProcess psValueAt: index put: anObject....
> BlockClosure>>ensure:
> ZnConnectionTimeout(DynamicVariable)>>value:during:
> ZnConnectionTimeout class(DynamicVariable class)>>value:during:
> ZnClient>>withTimeoutDo:
> ZnClient>>executeWithTimeout
> [ result := self executeWithTimeout ] in ZnClient>>execute in Block: [ result := self executeWithTimeout ]
> [ ^ block value ] in ZnClient>>withProgressDo: in Block: [ ^ block value ]

Re: Pharo 7 proxy problem

Vincent.Blondeau

Thank you!

Vincent