Pharo Association

Jimmie Houchin-5
Hello, I am looking into the Pharo Association.

I looked at the Contribute page, http://pharo.org/contribute  and saw
the links to BountySource.

One of them had $9 monthly being a Gold Membership Pharo Association. I
do not see this as an option if you do Join on the Pharo Association
Join Us page, https://association.pharo.org/join-us .

I do not know which option is most favorable for or least expensive to
the Pharo Association.

I also do not see what payment methods are available on the Pharo
Association pages. BountySource I know my options.

 From the BountySource page I do not know how this connects me to the
PharoAssociation.

If all things are equal, I would assume do BountySource, I can start a
monthly cash flow immediately.

It would also be nice to know if doing BountySource that is always an
option to levels other than the set levels but you only get the benefits
of the highest level you contribute at.

For example if I wanted to do $15 a month instead of $9, or even a
simply $10 instead of $9. or ....

I think this could be by instead of saying $9 a month, express it as
minimum of $9 a month. Or what is appropriate for each level.

If BountySource is more expensive on the Association's end. I would
prefer to do whatever payment options are on the Association site. But
it would be nice to know what those are before I begin to complete the
forms.

Thanks for any information on the process so that I can begin to
contribute to Pharo.

Jimmie Houchin

Re: Pharo Association

Marcus Denker-4

> On 1 Mar 2017, at 18:29, Jimmie Houchin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello, I am looking into the Pharo Association.
>
> I looked at the Contribute page, http://pharo.org/contribute  and saw the links to BountySource.
>
> One of them had $9 monthly being a Gold Membership Pharo Association. I do not see this as an option if you do Join on the Pharo Association Join Us page, https://association.pharo.org/join-us .

Yes.

Integrating salt there would be very complex. For one, we do not get any email/information from Salt about new members.
So this is manual: it is one form of payment. (like money transfer).

> I do not know which option is most favorable for or least expensive to the Pharo Association.

Direct membership. Bountisource costs 10%.

> I also do not see what payment methods are available on the Pharo Association pages. BountySource I know my options.
>
> From the BountySource page I do not know how this connects me to the PharoAssociation.

Not directly as they do not tell us when a new person subscribes.

> If all things are equal, I would assume do BountySource, I can start a monthly cash flow immediately.
>
> It would also be nice to know if doing BountySource that is always an option to levels other than the set levels but you only get the benefits of the highest level you contribute at.
>
> For example if I wanted to do $15 a month instead of $9, or even a simply $10 instead of $9. or ….

Sadly we can not change the despriptions at SALT. I did send a mail to support but never got an answer.

> I think this could be by instead of saying $9 a month, express it as minimum of $9 a month. Or what is appropriate for each level.
>
> If BountySource is more expensive on the Association's end. I would prefer to do whatever payment options are on the Association site. But it would be nice to know what those are before I begin to complete the forms.

Best is to go directly via the association. Espeically that Salt
        - does not tell us new sponsors
        - does not respond to suport requests
        - takes 10% for that

        Marcus