Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Pharo Bootstrap

Guido Chari
I followed the instructions for building the image in https://github.com/guillep/PharoBootstrap and I get:  

...RETRY->BaselineOfPharoBootstrapProcess

...FAILED->BaselineOfPharoBootstrapProcessCould not resolve: BaselineOfPharoBootstrapProcess [BaselineOfPharoBootstrapProcess] in /Users/guidochari/Documents/Projects/Research/Nopsys/CogNOS/image/pharo-local/package-cache filetree:///Users/guidochari/Documents/Projects/Research/Nopsys/PharoBootstrap

I then resort to just execute the command that travis executes (./scripts/install-packages.sh) and it works. But when I open the image I can not find PBBootstrapSpur3250, needed for running the bootstrapping.

Best,
Guido

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Pharo Bootstrap

tesonep@gmail.com
Hi Guido, 

The instructions in Guillep's repository have the instructions to create the image to bootstrap (the host). 
Usually it is not needed, in the productive process we are using an already built image:

To bootstrap Pharo, you need to clone the Pharo repository. 

Usually on the pharo repository, you can run 

BUILD_NUMBER=42 BOOTSTRAP_ARCH=32 sh ./bootstrap/scripts/bootstrap.sh

This script execute the scripts that are in ./bootstrap/scripts, they are named 1-*, 2-*, 3-*, 4-*

The products are generated in the bootstrap-cache directory.

It will produce first a bootstrap.image that is the minimal image, you cannot do much on it. But It will later load packages on top of it.
Usually the first useful image is the one with the compiler.

Cheers,
Pablo

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 2:05 PM Guido Chari <[hidden email]> wrote:
I followed the instructions for building the image in https://github.com/guillep/PharoBootstrap and I get:  

...FAILED->BaselineOfPharoBootstrapProcessCould not resolve: BaselineOfPharoBootstrapProcess [BaselineOfPharoBootstrapProcess] in /Users/guidochari/Documents/Projects/Research/Nopsys/CogNOS/image/pharo-local/package-cache filetree:///Users/guidochari/Documents/Projects/Research/Nopsys/PharoBootstrap

I then resort to just execute the command that travis executes (./scripts/install-packages.sh) and it works. But when I open the image I can not find PBBootstrapSpur3250, needed for running the bootstrapping.

Best,
Guido

--
Pablo Tesone.
[hidden email]