Pharo Command Line

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Hi,

The last couple of days I have been using the new command line tools and zero conf scripts for real and I must say that I am truly impressed and happy.

The save, printVersion, eval, st, config and test handlers are a joy to work with. The terminal colours add a nice polish.

Thank you, Camillo !

Sven

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu

Re: Pharo Command Line

Camillo Bruni-3
On 2013-03-08, at 14:44, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The last couple of days I have been using the new command line tools and zero conf scripts for real and I must say that I am truly impressed and happy.
>
> The save, printVersion, eval, st, config and test handlers are a joy to work with. The terminal colours add a nice polish.
>
> Thank you, Camillo !

You're welcome ;),
and I hope we can extend all of that in the future because not only do I hate bash,
I am always impressed about my total ignorance of that language! I simply don't know
how to write proper bash scripts :D

build.sh is dead, long live the command line interface!

Re: Pharo Command Line

stephane ducasse

On Mar 8, 2013, at 2:44 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The last couple of days I have been using the new command line tools and zero conf scripts for real and I must say that I am truly impressed and happy.

It is cool :)

> The save, printVersion, eval, st, config and test handlers are a joy to work with. The terminal colours add a nice polish.
>
> Thank you, Camillo !

Yes
I'm writing a chapter on them so I would like to have feedback on it ;)

> Sven
>
> --
> Sven Van Caekenberghe
> http://stfx.eu
> Smalltalk is the Red Pill

Re: Pharo Command Line

stephane ducasse
My dream is to have

        phash

:)

with a fucking cool debugger and OO abstractions and …. well Pharosh
And we are getting slowly there…

Stef