Pharo Consortium New Gold Member: Thales

Pharo Consortium New Gold Member: Thales

Marcus Denker-4
The Pharo Consortium is very happy to announce that Thales
has joined the Consortium as an Gold Member.

About
- Thales: https://www.thalesgroup.com
- Pharo Consortium: http://consortium.pharo.org

The goal of the Pharo Consortium is to allow companies and institutions to
support the ongoing development and future of Pharo.

Individuals can support Pharo via the Pharo Association:

  http://association.pharo.org

Re: Pharo Consortium New Gold Member: Thales

EuanM
That's great news.

It would be really interesting, and really useful to
community-enlargement works, to know:
  Which part of Thales drove this?
  What is their specific interest in Pharo?  Or what is their current
(or proposed) use of Pharo?

On 26 November 2015 at 13:42,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The Pharo Consortium is very happy to announce that Thales
> has joined the Consortium as an Gold Member.
>
> About
> - Thales: https://www.thalesgroup.com
> - Pharo Consortium: http://consortium.pharo.org
>
> The goal of the Pharo Consortium is to allow companies and institutions to
> support the ongoing development and future of Pharo.
>
> Individuals can support Pharo via the Pharo Association:
>
>   http://association.pharo.org

Re: Pharo Consortium New Gold Member: Thales

Tudor Girba-2
Great news!

For everyone not directly involved in the Consortium:
The money collected from memberships go towards the infrastructure of Pharo in form of engineering time. This is a key effort to make Pharo a sustainable platform for the long run.

That is why these pieces of news are so important.

Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Value is always contextual."

Re: [Pharo-dev] Pharo Consortium New Gold Member: Thales

Uko2
You can start a “Future of Pharo” discussion on a Java mailing list :)

Cheers.
Uko

> On 30 Nov 2015, at 12:27, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Great news!
>
> For everyone not directly involved in the Consortium:
> The money collected from memberships go towards the infrastructure of Pharo in form of engineering time. This is a key effort to make Pharo a sustainable platform for the long run.
>
> That is why these pieces of news are so important.
>
> Doru
>

>> On Nov 26, 2015, at 2:42 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>> The Pharo Consortium is very happy to announce that Thales
>> has joined the Consortium as an Gold Member.
>>
>> About
>> - Thales: https://www.thalesgroup.com
>> - Pharo Consortium: http://consortium.pharo.org
>>
>> The goal of the Pharo Consortium is to allow companies and institutions to
>> support the ongoing development and future of Pharo.
>>
>> Individuals can support Pharo via the Pharo Association:
>>
>> http://association.pharo.org
>>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Value is always contextual."

Re: Pharo Consortium New Gold Member: Thales

stepharo

Le 30/11/15 05:27, EuanM a écrit :
> That's great news.
>
> It would be really interesting, and really useful to
> community-enlargement works, to know:
>    Which part of Thales drove this?
     This is the division doing radar UI prototypes.
>    What is their specific interest in Pharo?
     Bloc, Brick, OSWindow, OSEvent, Woden

     This is why we got a project with them and this is why the work
that igor did on
     improving the integration of OSWindow in Pharo has been paid by
this project.

>   Or what is their current
> (or proposed) use of Pharo?

They plan to do all the prototypes (and they are sexy) using Pharo.

Stef

> On 26 November 2015 at 13:42,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The Pharo Consortium is very happy to announce that Thales
>> has joined the Consortium as an Gold Member.
>>
>> About
>> - Thales: https://www.thalesgroup.com
>> - Pharo Consortium: http://consortium.pharo.org
>>
>> The goal of the Pharo Consortium is to allow companies and institutions to
>> support the ongoing development and future of Pharo.
>>
>> Individuals can support Pharo via the Pharo Association:
>>
>>    http://association.pharo.org

Re: Pharo Consortium New Gold Member: Thales

John Pfersich
I have tried to join the association in the past, but I get an error message every time I try. See the attached picture to see the result.

Sent from my iPad

> On Nov 30, 2015, at 03:27, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Great news!
>
> For everyone not directly involved in the Consortium:
> The money collected from memberships go towards the infrastructure of Pharo in form of engineering time. This is a key effort to make Pharo a sustainable platform for the long run.
>
> That is why these pieces of news are so important.
>
> Doru
>

>> On Nov 26, 2015, at 2:42 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>> The Pharo Consortium is very happy to announce that Thales
>> has joined the Consortium as an Gold Member.
>>
>> About
>> - Thales: https://www.thalesgroup.com
>> - Pharo Consortium: http://consortium.pharo.org
>>
>> The goal of the Pharo Consortium is to allow companies and institutions to
>> support the ongoing development and future of Pharo.
>>
>> Individuals can support Pharo via the Pharo Association:
>>
>> http://association.pharo.org
>>

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "Value is always contextual."

image1.PNG (563K) Download Attachment

Re: Pharo Consortium New Gold Member: Thales

EstebanLM
can  you try to do it using chrome or firefox? (I’m trying to determine if this is an “old time bug” I saw…)
(this sites -association, consortium- need some serious work, I’m afraid… and no time right now :( )

cheers,
Esteban

> On 01 Dec 2015, at 01:14, John Pfersich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have tried to join the association in the past, but I get an error message every time I try. See the attached picture to see the result.
>
> <image1.PNG>
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
>> On Nov 30, 2015, at 03:27, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Great news!
>>
>> For everyone not directly involved in the Consortium:
>> The money collected from memberships go towards the infrastructure of Pharo in form of engineering time. This is a key effort to make Pharo a sustainable platform for the long run.
>>
>> That is why these pieces of news are so important.
>>
>> Doru
>>

>>> On Nov 26, 2015, at 2:42 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>>>
>>> The Pharo Consortium is very happy to announce that Thales
>>> has joined the Consortium as an Gold Member.
>>>
>>> About
>>> - Thales: https://www.thalesgroup.com
>>> - Pharo Consortium: http://consortium.pharo.org
>>>
>>> The goal of the Pharo Consortium is to allow companies and institutions to
>>> support the ongoing development and future of Pharo.
>>>
>>> Individuals can support Pharo via the Pharo Association:
>>>
>>> http://association.pharo.org
>>>

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Value is always contextual."

Re: Pharo Consortium New Gold Member: Thales

John Pfersich
It does the same thing in chrome. I finally just used my first initial and that passed.

Sent from my iPad

> On Nov 30, 2015, at 23:39, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> can  you try to do it using chrome or firefox? (I’m trying to determine if this is an “old time bug” I saw…)
> (this sites -association, consortium- need some serious work, I’m afraid… and no time right now :( )
>
> cheers,
> Esteban
>

>> On 01 Dec 2015, at 01:14, John Pfersich <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I have tried to join the association in the past, but I get an error message every time I try. See the attached picture to see the result.
>>
>> <image1.PNG>
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>>> On Nov 30, 2015, at 03:27, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Great news!
>>>
>>> For everyone not directly involved in the Consortium:
>>> The money collected from memberships go towards the infrastructure of Pharo in form of engineering time. This is a key effort to make Pharo a sustainable platform for the long run.
>>>
>>> That is why these pieces of news are so important.
>>>
>>> Doru

>>> --
>>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>>
>>> "Value is always contextual."

Re: Pharo Consortium New Gold Member: Thales

EuanM
It would be really interesting, and really useful to
community-enlargement works, to know:
  Which part of Thales drove this?
  What is their specific interest in Pharo?  Or what is their current
(or proposed) use of Pharo?

Is there anyone who knows the answers to these questions?

Are Thales or the Consortium wanting to keep this information private?

On 30 November 2015 at 04:27, EuanM <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That's great news.
>
> It would be really interesting, and really useful to
> community-enlargement works, to know:
>   Which part of Thales drove this?
>   What is their specific interest in Pharo?  Or what is their current
> (or proposed) use of Pharo?
>

> On 26 November 2015 at 13:42,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The Pharo Consortium is very happy to announce that Thales
>> has joined the Consortium as an Gold Member.
>>
>> About
>> - Thales: https://www.thalesgroup.com
>> - Pharo Consortium: http://consortium.pharo.org
>>
>> The goal of the Pharo Consortium is to allow companies and institutions to
>> support the ongoing development and future of Pharo.
>>
>> Individuals can support Pharo via the Pharo Association:
>>
>>   http://association.pharo.org

Re: Pharo Consortium New Gold Member: Thales

NorbertHartl

Am 02.12.2015 um 10:58 schrieb EuanM <[hidden email]>:

It would be really interesting, and really useful to
community-enlargement works, to know:
 Which part of Thales drove this?
 What is their specific interest in Pharo?  Or what is their current
(or proposed) use of Pharo?

Is there anyone who knows the answers to these questions?

Are Thales or the Consortium wanting to keep this information private?

On 30 November 2015 at 04:27, EuanM <[hidden email]> wrote:
That's great news.

It would be really interesting, and really useful to
community-enlargement works, to know:
 Which part of Thales drove this?
 What is their specific interest in Pharo?  Or what is their current
(or proposed) use of Pharo?

Maybe looking at those videos gives you some impression

Norbert

On 26 November 2015 at 13:42,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
The Pharo Consortium is very happy to announce that Thales
has joined the Consortium as an Gold Member.

About
- Thales: https://www.thalesgroup.com
- Pharo Consortium: http://consortium.pharo.org

The goal of the Pharo Consortium is to allow companies and institutions to
support the ongoing development and future of Pharo.

Individuals can support Pharo via the Pharo Association:

 http://association.pharo.org

Re: Pharo Consortium New Gold Member: Thales

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 02 Dec 2015, at 10:58, EuanM <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> It would be really interesting, and really useful to
> community-enlargement works, to know:
>  Which part of Thales drove this?
>  What is their specific interest in Pharo?  Or what is their current
> (or proposed) use of Pharo?
>
> Is there anyone who knows the answers to these questions?
>
> Are Thales or the Consortium wanting to keep this information private?

In the first place, let's just be very happy for each and every (new) consortium member, their money is much needed to set up a stable, sustainable infrastructure for Pharo.

Then it is up to each member to decide how to they want to proceed. Some write a use case or success story, when they are ready, some don't. Let's not push them, even if it would indeed be interesting to know the answer to your questions.

> On 30 November 2015 at 04:27, EuanM <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> That's great news.
>>
>> It would be really interesting, and really useful to
>> community-enlargement works, to know:
>>  Which part of Thales drove this?
>>  What is their specific interest in Pharo?  Or what is their current
>> (or proposed) use of Pharo?
>>

>> On 26 November 2015 at 13:42,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> The Pharo Consortium is very happy to announce that Thales
>>> has joined the Consortium as an Gold Member.
>>>
>>> About
>>> - Thales: https://www.thalesgroup.com
>>> - Pharo Consortium: http://consortium.pharo.org
>>>
>>> The goal of the Pharo Consortium is to allow companies and institutions to
>>> support the ongoing development and future of Pharo.
>>>
>>> Individuals can support Pharo via the Pharo Association:
>>>
>>>  http://association.pharo.org

Re: Pharo Consortium New Gold Member: Thales

EuanM
Hi Sven.

If people already know these things,  there is no need to push the client.

*Asking* if *we* know these things does not involve any push of the client.

Being happy does not preclude being informed.

On 2 December 2015 at 12:29, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> On 02 Dec 2015, at 10:58, EuanM <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> It would be really interesting, and really useful to
>> community-enlargement works, to know:
>>  Which part of Thales drove this?
>>  What is their specific interest in Pharo?  Or what is their current
>> (or proposed) use of Pharo?
>>
>> Is there anyone who knows the answers to these questions?
>>
>> Are Thales or the Consortium wanting to keep this information private?
>
> In the first place, let's just be very happy for each and every (new) consortium member, their money is much needed to set up a stable, sustainable infrastructure for Pharo.
>
> Then it is up to each member to decide how to they want to proceed. Some write a use case or success story, when they are ready, some don't. Let's not push them, even if it would indeed be interesting to know the answer to your questions.
>
>> On 30 November 2015 at 04:27, EuanM <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> That's great news.
>>>
>>> It would be really interesting, and really useful to
>>> community-enlargement works, to know:
>>>  Which part of Thales drove this?
>>>  What is their specific interest in Pharo?  Or what is their current
>>> (or proposed) use of Pharo?

Re: Pharo Consortium New Gold Member: Thales

EuanM
Thank you for those videos Norbert.

On 2 December 2015 at 12:24, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Am 02.12.2015 um 10:58 schrieb EuanM <[hidden email]>:
>
> It would be really interesting, and really useful to
> community-enlargement works, to know:
>  Which part of Thales drove this?
>  What is their specific interest in Pharo?  Or what is their current
> (or proposed) use of Pharo?
>
> Is there anyone who knows the answers to these questions?
>
> Are Thales or the Consortium wanting to keep this information private?
>
> On 30 November 2015 at 04:27, EuanM <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> That's great news.
>
> It would be really interesting, and really useful to
> community-enlargement works, to know:
>  Which part of Thales drove this?
>  What is their specific interest in Pharo?  Or what is their current
> (or proposed) use of Pharo?
>
> Maybe looking at those videos gives you some impression
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_6xbAVIlH0
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Usz2HfgXaL4
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghxgv8c9OWM
>
> Norbert
>

> On 26 November 2015 at 13:42,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The Pharo Consortium is very happy to announce that Thales
> has joined the Consortium as an Gold Member.
>
> About
> - Thales: https://www.thalesgroup.com
> - Pharo Consortium: http://consortium.pharo.org
>
> The goal of the Pharo Consortium is to allow companies and institutions to
> support the ongoing development and future of Pharo.
>
> Individuals can support Pharo via the Pharo Association:
>
>  http://association.pharo.org

Re: Pharo Consortium New Gold Member: Thales

EuanM
Cool. Ty.