Pharo / GsDevKit_home workflow

GLASS mailing list
Hi all..

I am starting to look at GsDevKit_home, and noticed that it’s pharo 3. The project that I am working on is Pharo 6. I am wondering if pharo 3 is just the vector for tODE, and I don’t need to worry about it, and I can continue developing in my Pharo 6 environment, and deploy using tODE, or if i need to actually use tODE for development.

Thanks!

----
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary

Re: Pharo / GsDevKit_home workflow

GLASS mailing list
Hi Sergio,

The fact that tODE is based on Pharo, is nothing to do with your app development. tODE could have been written in Java and for you it's exactly the same. You don't care it's Pharo. It's just an IDE for GemStone. so you have 2 choice... or either develop with tODE (against GemStone) and make your app also to run there (no need of your app to have compatibility with Pharo) or ... develop  in Pharo and the via Metacello/Git load your code on GemStone (via tODE) and deploy there. In this case you app likely needs to have some compatibility as you want to run it in Pharo and GemStone.

Cheers,