Pharo Launcher in Windows and Linux

horrido
I've encountered some issues with Pharo Launcher in Windows and Linux. First,
in Windows 7, upon starting Pharo Launcher, you get this:

*primitive #createDirectory: in WindowsStore failed*

If you push through and create an image and then try to launch the image,
you get this:

*primitive #primSize: in MultiByteFileSystem failed*

Completely unusable.

Second, in Linux (Manjaro), if you create an image for *Pharo 6.1 (stable)*,
and then launch it, you get this:

*FT2Error: Freetype2 primitive failed [error -1][can't get error string]*

It seems to be usable, though. The issue does not occur with Pharo 6.0.

All of this comes from the latest Pharo download at pharo.org/web/download.

Re: Pharo Launcher in Windows and Linux

Stephane Ducasse-3
Thanks for the report.

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 3:09 PM, horrido <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've encountered some issues with Pharo Launcher in Windows and Linux. First,
> in Windows 7, upon starting Pharo Launcher, you get this:
>
> *primitive #createDirectory: in WindowsStore failed*
>
> If you push through and create an image and then try to launch the image,
> you get this:
>
> *primitive #primSize: in MultiByteFileSystem failed*
>
> Completely unusable.
>
> Second, in Linux (Manjaro), if you create an image for *Pharo 6.1 (stable)*,
> and then launch it, you get this:
>
> *FT2Error: Freetype2 primitive failed [error -1][can't get error string]*
>
> It seems to be usable, though. The issue does not occur with Pharo 6.0.
>
> All of this comes from the latest Pharo download at pharo.org/web/download.

Re: Pharo Launcher in Windows and Linux

Stephane Ducasse-3
I added this issue