Pharo Mailing List on MarkMail

Alberto Bacchelli
Hi,

  MarkMail [1] is a very nice web service for searching emails in
mailing list archives. It also registers to the mailing lists that it
archives, so it is always updated.

A few days ago, I wrote to the administrators to ask them to add the
pharo mailing list to their service.
They just wrote me that the Pharo archive is up!

You can reach the Pharo archive directly from this address,
and compose the queries you want:
http://pharo.markmail.org/

I hope this will be useful for everybody.

Ciao,
  Alberto

[1] http://markmail.org/
[2] http://pharo.markmail.org/

Re: Pharo Mailing List on MarkMail

laurent laffont

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 9:22 AM, Alberto Bacchelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

 MarkMail [1] is a very nice web service for searching emails in mailing list archives. It also registers to the mailing lists that it archives, so it is always updated.

A few days ago, I wrote to the administrators to ask them to add the
pharo mailing list to their service.
They just wrote me that the Pharo archive is up!

You can reach the Pharo archive directly from this address,
and compose the queries you want:
http://pharo.markmail.org/

I hope this will be useful for everybody.

I like it. Thank you.

Ciao,
 Alberto

[1] http://markmail.org/
[2] http://pharo.markmail.org/

Re: Pharo Mailing List on MarkMail

Mariano Martinez Peck
Thanks for the initiative.

which are the advantages over http://forum.world.st/Pharo-f1294836.html ?

cheers

mariano

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 9:22 AM, Alberto Bacchelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

 MarkMail [1] is a very nice web service for searching emails in mailing list archives. It also registers to the mailing lists that it archives, so it is always updated.

A few days ago, I wrote to the administrators to ask them to add the
pharo mailing list to their service.
They just wrote me that the Pharo archive is up!

You can reach the Pharo archive directly from this address,
and compose the queries you want:
http://pharo.markmail.org/

I hope this will be useful for everybody.

Ciao,
 Alberto

[1] http://markmail.org/
[2] http://pharo.markmail.org/

Re: Pharo Mailing List on MarkMail

Alberto Bacchelli
> Thanks for the initiative.
>
> which are the advantages over http://forum.world.st/Pharo-f1294836.html ?

First of all, unfortunately, I was not aware of the existence of such
link. I see that it is in the http://pharo-project.org/community page,
but I missed it. Shame on me.

I use Markmail quite often, and I find it to have a very intuitive
interface and to present results very quickly. I also like the
interactive bar chart, and that you can refine your searches
step-by-step in real time. Finally, I like how messages are displayed:
it is very clean and simple.

Anyway, the more the merrier: Now one can pick the preferred one among
Nabble, Gmane, and Markmail!

Ciao,
Alberto

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 11:04 AM, Alberto Bacchelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks for the initiative.

which are the advantages over http://forum.world.st/Pharo-f1294836.html ?

First of all, unfortunately, I was not aware of the existence of such link. I see that it is in the http://pharo-project.org/community page, but I missed it. Shame on me.

I use Markmail quite often, and I find it to have a very intuitive interface and to present results very quickly. I also like the interactive bar chart, and that you can refine your searches step-by-step in real time. Finally, I like how messages are displayed: it is very clean and simple.

Anyway, the more the merrier: Now one can pick the preferred one among Nabble, Gmane, and Markmail!

Yes, excellent. We can ask Adrian to add it in http://pharo-project.org/community  too.

Cheers

mariano

Ciao,
Alberto

Re: Pharo Mailing List on MarkMail

Adrian Lienhard
I added the link to the website.

Cheers,
Adrian

On Sep 24, 2010, at 11:09 , Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 11:04 AM, Alberto Bacchelli <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 9/24/10 10:02 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for the initiative.
>>>
>>> which are the advantages over http://forum.world.st/Pharo-f1294836.html ?
>>>

>> First of all, unfortunately, I was not aware of the existence of such link.
>> I see that it is in the http://pharo-project.org/community page, but I
>> missed it. Shame on me.
>>
>> I use Markmail quite often, and I find it to have a very intuitive
>> interface and to present results very quickly. I also like the interactive
>> bar chart, and that you can refine your searches step-by-step in real time.
>> Finally, I like how messages are displayed: it is very clean and simple.
>>
>> Anyway, the more the merrier: Now one can pick the preferred one among
>> Nabble, Gmane, and Markmail!
>>

> Yes, excellent. We can ask Adrian to add it in
> http://pharo-project.org/community  too.
>
> Cheers
>
> mariano
>

>> Ciao,
>> Alberto

Re: Pharo Mailing List on MarkMail

Geert Claes
Administrator
Alberto Bacchelli wrote
You can reach the Pharo archive directly from this address, and compose the queries you want:
http://pharo.markmail.org/
Thanks Alberto.  I was not aware of MarkMail and it does have some great aspects!  I like the traffic bar chart and searches seem very fast.  There does seem to be some info like: Who sent it, Any attachment and Type of message that distract from the actual search results.  The next page where you see the posts is nice too.  Anyhow, now the mailing list is available via Gmane, MarkMail and Nabble ....choice is good!