Pharo Mooc after the 19th of june

jfabry
Hi all,

a question about the Mooc: I have some people that may want to take it, but this will be in July probably. Now the page of the Mooc says that inscriptions and classes end on the 19th of June. Will there be a new round of inscriptions afterwards or is there a different solution for these guys?

--
Does this mail seem too brief? Sorry for that, I don’t mean to be rude! Please see http://emailcharter.org .

Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD and RyCh labs  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

Re: Pharo Mooc after the 19th of june

stepharo

> Hi all,
>
> a question about the Mooc: I have some people that may want to take it, but this will be in July probably. Now the page of the Mooc says that inscriptions and classes end on the 19th of June. Will there be a new round of inscriptions afterwards or is there a different solution for these guys?
The mooc will be closed on the France University Numerique platform.
Now what we are preparing is
     - an archive with all the files (videos, quiz, exercises)
     - a packaged version using scenari a php like system for online
lectures
     - a starter kit ( all above + vm + books) for teachers.
     - we are looking for an on-demand  service that offers download +
shipping on USB

All this will be served on a dedicated server
     - Unisciel + unit servers.

Re: Pharo Mooc after the 19th of june

Esteban A. Maringolo

>> Hi all,
>>
>> a question about the Mooc: I have some people that may want to take it,
>> but this will be in July probably. Now the page of the Mooc says that
>> inscriptions and classes end on the 19th of June. Will there be a new round
>> of inscriptions afterwards or is there a different solution for these guys?
>
> The mooc will be closed on the France University Numerique platform.
> Now what we are preparing is
>     - an archive with all the files (videos, quiz, exercises)
>     - a packaged version using scenari a php like system for online lectures
>     - a starter kit ( all above + vm + books) for teachers.
>     - we are looking for an on-demand  service that offers download +
> shipping on USB
>
> All this will be served on a dedicated server
>     - Unisciel + unit servers.

Wouldn't it be possible to publish the MOOC in other platforms like
Cursera, Udemy, or similar?
Those platforms let you access the MOOC materials and videos even when
the "live" course ended.

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Pharo Mooc after the 19th of june

stepharo

>> The mooc will be closed on the France University Numerique platform.
>> Now what we are preparing is
>>      - an archive with all the files (videos, quiz, exercises)
>>      - a packaged version using scenari a php like system for online lectures
>>      - a starter kit ( all above + vm + books) for teachers.
>>      - we are looking for an on-demand  service that offers download +
>> shipping on USB
>>
>> All this will be served on a dedicated server
>>      - Unisciel + unit servers.
> Wouldn't it be possible to publish the MOOC in other platforms like
> Cursera, Udemy, or similar?
> Those platforms let you access the MOOC materials and videos even when
> the "live" course ended.
I do not know. And someone should do it and this is at least a week of
work.
Then the problem is that we should help students.
Now if you have more information I would be interested.

Stef