Pharo , Opengl ES 2, Nativeboost and Android 4.1

1 message Options

Pharo , Opengl ES 2, Nativeboost and Android 4.1

kilon
So I decided to bite the bullet and start working on Morpheas, which is part of my project Ephestos ( a visual coding enviroment for graphics , music and sound) .
Basically Morpheas will be a port of Morphic to OpenGL , probably simplified.

So I started learning OpenGL ES 2 , because I was told that basically its possible to write code for both
opengl es2 and opengl 3.1 without any major diffirence. And because opengl es 2 is what both Android
and iOS use , I started considering what other issues besides opengl i have to handle.

For now I am not so much interested on iOS because Apple does not allow for apps that can generate other apps
and because Ephestos will be just an extension of pharo its most likely it will get rejected. So I decided to stick with Android
for now.

So the question is how do I use Pharo on Android. I know that CogVM can run on Android and that jenkins has builds for it
, my problem is the FFI. I am going to need an FFI to use OpenGL ES , unless I could make Morpheas a pharo plugin which I guess
that could work too. But I very beginner with all this and I want your advice on the subject.

I assume Nativeboost wont work on an Android device.

I own an iPad and I am thinking getting a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet.