Pharo Papers

Ben Coman
And now for your regularly scheduled random trivia show...
I was mildly curious about how many papers touched on Pharo.

1,110 on google scholar for...
"pharo" "programming"
http://tiny.cc/pharo-scholar

1,630 on normal google for...
"pharo" "programming" "abstract" "introduction" "conclusion"
"references" filetype:pdf
http://tiny.cc/pharo-papers

Probably a lot of overlap between them.
cheers -ben

Re: Pharo Papers

Marcus Denker-4
One idea on my TODO that I got from colleagues here working on another OpenSource/Research
system (Sofa3D): to add all publication to the website automatically using HAL (the national french
paper database).

It looks like this on the website:

and here “how to add a paper”:

I will definitely set this up for Pharo later this year (read: as soon as possible)

Marcus

On 16 Feb 2017, at 14:30, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:

And now for your regularly scheduled random trivia show...
I was mildly curious about how many papers touched on Pharo.

1,110 on google scholar for...
"pharo" "programming"
http://tiny.cc/pharo-scholar

1,630 on normal google for...
"pharo" "programming" "abstract" "introduction" "conclusion"
"references" filetype:pdf
http://tiny.cc/pharo-papers

Probably a lot of overlap between them.
cheers -ben

Re: Pharo Papers

abergel
But you will not get the papers not stored on HAL. And I suspect there are more papers about Pharo outside the HAL world.

Alexandre

> On Feb 16, 2017, at 11:13 AM, denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> One idea on my TODO that I got from colleagues here working on another OpenSource/Research
> system (Sofa3D): to add all publication to the website automatically using HAL (the national french
> paper database).
>
> It looks like this on the website:
> https://www.sofa-framework.org/applications/publications/
>
> and here “how to add a paper”:
>
> https://www.sofa-framework.org/applications/publications/add-a-publication-with-hal/
>
> I will definitely set this up for Pharo later this year (read: as soon as possible)
>
> Marcus
>

>> On 16 Feb 2017, at 14:30, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> And now for your regularly scheduled random trivia show...
>> I was mildly curious about how many papers touched on Pharo.
>>
>> 1,110 on google scholar for...
>> "pharo" "programming"
>> http://tiny.cc/pharo-scholar
>>
>> 1,630 on normal google for...
>> "pharo" "programming" "abstract" "introduction" "conclusion"
>> "references" filetype:pdf
>> http://tiny.cc/pharo-papers
>>
>> Probably a lot of overlap between them.
>> cheers -ben

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Pharo Papers

Marcus Denker-4

> On 16 Feb 2017, at 23:58, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> But you will not get the papers not stored on HAL. And I suspect there are more papers about Pharo outside the HAL world.

Hal is a public archive. So the idea would be that if you want you paper listed, add it to HAL. (you would need to add it (or
its meta-data) somewhere, so why not use this infrastructure).

        Marcus

Re: Pharo Papers

SergeStinckwich
Yes definitively will be nice to have a list of research about Pharo
or based on Pharo.
Thank you Marcus.

--
Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Pharo Papers

Marcus Denker-4
Hello,

I have setup a collection at HAL. For now it is empty, we should fill it and then add it to the website
(and announce it then, not now…).

The collection automatically has every paper on HAL that has “PHARO” as a keyword in the field
"Project/Collaboration”.

        https://hal.inria.fr/PHARO/
        https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/PHARO

HAL is not Inria specific, here is some more infos (from https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr ):

        HAL is an open archive where authors can deposit scholarly documents from all academic fields.

        For the attention of the authors

                • The deposit must be made in agreement with the co-authors and in the respect for the policy of the publishers.
                • The deposit is subject of a control, HAL reserves the right to refuse items that do not meet the criteria of the archive.
                • Any deposit is definitive, no withdrawals will be made after the on-line posting of the publication.
                • Text files in pdf format or image files are sent to CINES (https://www.cines.fr/en/) for long-term archiving.

For the attention of the readers

        • In a context of electronic distribution, every author keep all its intellectual property rights.

> On 16 Feb 2017, at 15:13, denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> One idea on my TODO that I got from colleagues here working on another OpenSource/Research
> system (Sofa3D): to add all publication to the website automatically using HAL (the national french
> paper database).
>
> It looks like this on the website:
> https://www.sofa-framework.org/applications/publications/
>
> and here “how to add a paper”:
>
> https://www.sofa-framework.org/applications/publications/add-a-publication-with-hal/
>
> I will definitely set this up for Pharo later this year (read: as soon as possible)
>
> Marcus
>

>> On 16 Feb 2017, at 14:30, Ben Coman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> And now for your regularly scheduled random trivia show...
>> I was mildly curious about how many papers touched on Pharo.
>>
>> 1,110 on google scholar for...
>> "pharo" "programming"
>> http://tiny.cc/pharo-scholar
>>
>> 1,630 on normal google for...
>> "pharo" "programming" "abstract" "introduction" "conclusion"
>> "references" filetype:pdf
>> http://tiny.cc/pharo-papers
>>
>> Probably a lot of overlap between them.
>> cheers -ben

Re: Pharo Papers

SergeStinckwich
With Nick, we try to add the PHARO tag on some on our publications but
apparently he does appear in the list. Is it updated from time to time
?

Regards,

--
Serge Stinckwich