The other day Torsten mention in discord that before was easier to follow what was going on due the reports we were publishing, and I think he is right. This reports stopped to being produced when the pandemic arise and lock-down was the norm... our organisation of work suffered and the reports were an undesirable victim :)
I intend to resume the publication of weekly status reports, with a difference: focusing on immediate changes is not productive anymore because we have the excelent report of Marcus for that (which follows the integrations in Pharo development branch).
So, I will talk about immediate and medium-term goals, and steps we are doing following them.
This is the first, let's see if this helps people to follow :)
- Improve integration infrastructure for Spec2 and NewTools frameworks.
- Improve quality and quantity of tests in Spec2 and NewTools frameworks.
- Improve quality of class comments in Spec2 framework.
- Since we are in freeze mode: fixing important bugs on Pharo9 and its components (this issue will stay here until release).
- Removal of GTTools
- M1 VM release
- Release 9.0
# Last week work
## Last week:
- moved newtools and spec infrastructure to github actions (travis was being slow)
- fixed several bugs on SpGridLayout, SpDropListPresenter,SpTreePresenter and SpTreeTablePresenter
- fixed wrong enable/disable dynamic and style of buttons (also in toolbars).
- added some inspector extensions to improve visibility of Morph data
- added a lot of tests to new Playground, SpCodePresenter, SpTreePresenter and SpTreeTablePresenter.
- Pablo and Guille were working hard on improving the VM profiling infrastructure.
- making the ARM simulator work
- Working in the parallel execution of tests
- Improving the stability of Socket primitives
- Fixing problems in the Large Images support
- Extending DrTest to delegate the UI construction to the plugins
- Stef ported MethodWrappers to Pharo 9 (which allow a lot of profiling and "object centric" stuff.
- Finally, Marcus was busy processing PRs and discussing future steps (in part with me ;) )
## This week
(as always, this is just pointing in a direction, what later comes in depends on the work load, problems, and "unknowns")
- finish new infrastructure to improve integration speed of Spec2 and NewTools
- add tests to new Inspector
- more freezing actions (bugfixing, PR processing)
Thanks Esteban. I like your idea of showing the direction.
On May 19 2021, at 10:59 am, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|