Pharo Quality Rules for Beginners

1 message Options

Pharo Quality Rules for Beginners

Pharo Smalltalk Developers mailing list
Hello everyone!

My name is Esteban and I will be working on the Pharo Quality Rules for the next few months. The goal is to create different profiles for the rules according to the programming experience of the user. For example, for the beginner profile we would like to check for common mistakes made by people who are just starting with Pharo like:
  • Sending self as a message (probably because they forgot a . )
  • Using False instead of false
  • etc..
I would appreciate it if you could share with me other common mistakes that you have seen beginners do, or maybe tell me a bit of your own experience when you started using Pharo :)

Best,
Esteban Villalobos