Pharo Smalltalk + Riak = Phriak

Nicolas Petton
Hi!

Göran and I worked on a Riak client for Pharo Smalltalk named Phriak.
You can download the code at http://www.squeaksource.com/Phriak
Today I released the version 0.3.

Riak is a screamingly cool NoSQL database that scales like crazy. It's a
distributed, data agnostic db (see http://wiki.basho.com/Riak.html).

There's a Metacello package ConfigurationOfPhriak for simple loading.

As of today, Phriak supports (through the HTTP API):
- Bucket properties
- Objects metadata
- Links and link walking
- Secondary indexing
- Map/Reduce
- VClock and Siblings resolution

Cheers,
Nico

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Pharo Smalltalk + Riak = Phriak

Nicolas Petton
BTW, I'll release RiakDocument soon, a Magritte-described layer on top
of Phriak that we use for saving data in SmalltalkHub. Ohh, and I'll
have good news about SmalltalkHub soon ;)

Cheers,
Nico

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Pharo Smalltalk + Riak = Phriak

Sven Van Caekenberghe

On 15 Feb 2012, at 11:50, Nicolas Petton wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Göran and I worked on a Riak client for Pharo Smalltalk named Phriak.
> You can download the code at http://www.squeaksource.com/Phriak
> Today I released the version 0.3.
>
> Riak is a screamingly cool NoSQL database that scales like crazy. It's a distributed, data agnostic db (see http://wiki.basho.com/Riak.html).
>
> There's a Metacello package ConfigurationOfPhriak for simple loading.
>
> As of today, Phriak supports (through the HTTP API):
> - Bucket properties
> - Objects metadata
> - Links and link walking
> - Secondary indexing
> - Map/Reduce
> - VClock and Siblings resolution
>
> Cheers,
> Nico
>
> --
> Nicolas Petton
> http://nicolas-petton.fr

Cool stuff !

Sven

On 15 Feb 2012, at 11:53, Nicolas Petton wrote:

> BTW, I'll release RiakDocument soon, a Magritte-described layer on top of Phriak that we use for saving data in SmalltalkHub.

I was going to ask that, but you anticipated it !

> Ohh, and I'll have good news about SmalltalkHub soon ;)

Even better ;-)

Re: Pharo Smalltalk + Riak = Phriak

thanks for this excellent update

:)

On Feb 15, 2012, at 11:50 AM, Nicolas Petton wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Göran and I worked on a Riak client for Pharo Smalltalk named Phriak.
> You can download the code at http://www.squeaksource.com/Phriak
> Today I released the version 0.3.
>
> Riak is a screamingly cool NoSQL database that scales like crazy. It's a distributed, data agnostic db (see http://wiki.basho.com/Riak.html).
>
> There's a Metacello package ConfigurationOfPhriak for simple loading.
>
> As of today, Phriak supports (through the HTTP API):
> - Bucket properties
> - Objects metadata
> - Links and link walking
> - Secondary indexing
> - Map/Reduce
> - VClock and Siblings resolution
>
> Cheers,
> Nico
>
> --
> Nicolas Petton
> http://nicolas-petton.fr

Re: Pharo Smalltalk + Riak = Phriak

Tudor Girba-2
This sounds really exciting!

Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Pharo Smalltalk + Riak = Phriak

Bernat Romagosa
Hi!

Where can we submit bug reports for Phriak? We found a couple of them :p

Thanks!