Pharo/Squeak an iOS

Stephen Taylor
First of all - I hope this isn't a bit off topic for this list. If it
is, someone give me kick and I'll ask elsewhere...

I've noticed some posts in the past showing Squeak or Pharo running on
iPhones, but haven't paid close attention to them. Now I've gone and
bought myself an iPad and all of a sudden I want nothing more than to
write software for it using Smalltalk...

Is there a feasible route for getting applications written in Smalltalk
onto a *non-jailbroken* iPad? I'm well aware of Apple's restriction on
allowing programmable systems onto the iPhone/iPad, but I'm looking more
at writing some sort of simple game which just happens to have been
written in Smalltalk and ultimately getting it into the AppStore.

Any pointers to interesting information?

                   regards,

                          Steve

Re: Pharo/Squeak an iOS

Nick
There's a talk John McIntosh gave at Smalltalk solutions about his adventures with Apple and the iPhone scratch app - http://www.stic.st/events/smalltalk-solutions-2011-abstracts/scratching-the-apple/

John has made the code available: http://bit.ly/em3uZc

On 11 July 2011 07:24, Steve Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Ben Coman
Steve Taylor wrote:
> Is there a feasible route for getting applications written in
> Smalltalk onto a *non-jailbroken* iPad? I'm well aware of Apple's
> restriction on allowing programmable systems onto the iPhone/iPad, but
> I'm looking more at writing some sort of simple game which just
> happens to have been written in Smalltalk and ultimately getting it
> into the AppStore.
Only wild speculation... perhaps http://jtalk-project.org/

Re: Pharo/Squeak an iOS

John McKeon
There is an EToys for the iPad

You just have to subscribe as a beta tester
http://etoys.squeak.org/experimental/ipad/

Re: Pharo/Squeak an iOS

Stephen Taylor
Thanks to all who replied. I'll be sure to report back to the list if I
succeed in making anything pretty.

                       Steve