Pharo VM + Travis Validation

Camillo Bruni-3
I finished the new setup for the Pharo VM github repository [1]
- renamed codegen-scripts -> scripts
- separate setup scripts for linux (more to come later)
- added scripts/build.sh which builds the VM automatically under linux
        - generating version info
        - dowloading fresh 2.0 image
        - installing VMMaker from scratch from the repository
- added scripts/test.sh which downloads a test image and runs it with the freshly built VM
- complete travis validation [2]

Missing Goodies:
- OSX travis configuration
- OSX setup scripts (based on homebrew + XCode installation checks)

I would like to follow a pull-request based contribution, now with the
travis validation in place this is very comfortable! This way it should be
much easier for non-core people to contribute something simple.

Note that with travis you get free validation for your own fork / branch [3]!

[1] https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-vm/
[2] https://travis-ci.org/pharo-project/pharo-vm/
[3] https://travis-ci.org/camillobruni/pharo-vm/

Re: Pharo VM + Travis Validation

Stéphane Ducasse
Thanks Camillo!
Now pay attention to your PhD, please.

Stef
On Nov 9, 2013, at 10:25 PM, Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I finished the new setup for the Pharo VM github repository [1]
> - renamed codegen-scripts -> scripts
> - separate setup scripts for linux (more to come later)
> - added scripts/build.sh which builds the VM automatically under linux
> - generating version info
> - dowloading fresh 2.0 image
> - installing VMMaker from scratch from the repository
> - added scripts/test.sh which downloads a test image and runs it with the freshly built VM
> - complete travis validation [2]
>
> Missing Goodies:
> - OSX travis configuration
> - OSX setup scripts (based on homebrew + XCode installation checks)
>
> I would like to follow a pull-request based contribution, now with the
> travis validation in place this is very comfortable! This way it should be
> much easier for non-core people to contribute something simple.
>
> Note that with travis you get free validation for your own fork / branch [3]!
>
> [1] https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo-vm/
> [2] https://travis-ci.org/pharo-project/pharo-vm/
> [3] https://travis-ci.org/camillobruni/pharo-vm/

Re: Pharo VM + Travis Validation