Pharo VM setup problem: where is pharo-vm-0.15.1b-linux source package available?

Pharo VM setup problem: where is pharo-vm-0.15.1b-linux source package available?

Andreas Leidig
Dear List,

who has/where is pharo-vm-0.15.1b-linux source package?

I have a setup problem which I think I can determine or even solve with
the sources.

Cheers,

Andreas

Re: Pharo VM setup problem: where is pharo-vm-0.15.1b-linux source package available?

Andreas Leidig
Hi Mariano,

I welcome your decision. More reasons:

 - Most linux distributions do not have a standard configuration.
   If you cannot go through the configuration/make/install cycle, a
   package may simply not run on a certain target system.
   If you cannot go through these cycles, your possibilities to fix
   that are very limited.

 - Without sources, consumers cannot directly contribute to the defect
   tracking, fixing or development process

Cheers,

Andreas

Mariano Martinez Peck schrieb:

> I also think adding sources to Pharo webpage is a good idea. I saw a lot of
> people, who say "I wont use an enviorment in production that I cannot have
> the code and build it by myself". And I think they are correct!
>

> On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Andreas Leidig <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Dear List,
>>
>> who has/where is pharo-vm-0.15.1b-linux source package?
>>
>> I have a setup problem which I think I can determine or even solve with
>> the sources.
>>

>> Cheers,
>>
>> Andreas

Re: Pharo VM setup problem: where is pharo-vm-0.15.1b-linux source package available?

Stéphane Ducasse
Thanks for the idea.
this would be nice to have a pointer to a forge for the vm code.

Stef

> Hi Mariano,
>
> I welcome your decision. More reasons:
>
> - Most linux distributions do not have a standard configuration.
>   If you cannot go through the configuration/make/install cycle, a
>   package may simply not run on a certain target system.
>   If you cannot go through these cycles, your possibilities to fix
>   that are very limited.
>
> - Without sources, consumers cannot directly contribute to the defect
>   tracking, fixing or development process
>

> Cheers,
>
> Andreas
>

> Mariano Martinez Peck schrieb:
>> I also think adding sources to Pharo webpage is a good idea. I saw
>> a lot of
>> people, who say "I wont use an enviorment in production that I
>> cannot have
>> the code and build it by myself". And I think they are correct!
>>

>> On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Andreas Leidig <[hidden email]
>> >wrote:
>>
>>> Dear List,
>>>
>>> who has/where is pharo-vm-0.15.1b-linux source package?
>>>
>>> I have a setup problem which I think I can determine or even solve
>>> with
>>> the sources.
>>>

>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Andreas

Re: Pharo VM setup problem: where is pharo-vm-0.15.1b-linux source package available?

Mariano Martinez Peck
Stef: where should I put this type of things so that not to forget it ?

Google code seems not to have tickets that aren't bugs...or I don't see them

Best,

Mariano

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks for the idea.
this would be nice to have a pointer to a forge for the vm code.

Stef

> Hi Mariano,
>
> I welcome your decision. More reasons:
>
> - Most linux distributions do not have a standard configuration.
>   If you cannot go through the configuration/make/install cycle, a
>   package may simply not run on a certain target system.
>   If you cannot go through these cycles, your possibilities to fix
>   that are very limited.
>
> - Without sources, consumers cannot directly contribute to the defect
>   tracking, fixing or development process
>

> Cheers,
>
> Andreas
>

> Mariano Martinez Peck schrieb:
>> I also think adding sources to Pharo webpage is a good idea. I saw
>> a lot of
>> people, who say "I wont use an enviorment in production that I
>> cannot have
>> the code and build it by myself". And I think they are correct!
>>

>> On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Andreas Leidig <[hidden email]
>> >wrote:
>>
>>> Dear List,
>>>
>>> who has/where is pharo-vm-0.15.1b-linux source package?
>>>
>>> I have a setup problem which I think I can determine or even solve
>>> with
>>> the sources.
>>>

>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Andreas

Re: Pharo VM setup problem: where is pharo-vm-0.15.1b-linux source package available?

Stéphane Ducasse
we can use the wiki (or the inria crappy site :))

Stef

On Jul 10, 2009, at 11:42 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Stef: where should I put this type of things so that not to forget
> it ?
>
> Google code seems not to have tickets that aren't bugs...or I don't
> see them
>
> Best,
>
> Mariano
>
> On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
> Thanks for the idea.
> this would be nice to have a pointer to a forge for the vm code.
>
> Stef
>
> > Hi Mariano,
> >
> > I welcome your decision. More reasons:
> >
> > - Most linux distributions do not have a standard configuration.
> >   If you cannot go through the configuration/make/install cycle, a
> >   package may simply not run on a certain target system.
> >   If you cannot go through these cycles, your possibilities to fix
> >   that are very limited.
> >
> > - Without sources, consumers cannot directly contribute to the
> defect
> >   tracking, fixing or development process
> >

> > Cheers,
> >
> > Andreas
> >

> > Mariano Martinez Peck schrieb:
> >> I also think adding sources to Pharo webpage is a good idea. I saw
> >> a lot of
> >> people, who say "I wont use an enviorment in production that I
> >> cannot have
> >> the code and build it by myself". And I think they are correct!
> >>

> >> On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Andreas Leidig <[hidden email]

> project

Re: Pharo VM setup problem: where is pharo-vm-0.15.1b-linux source package available?

Mariano Martinez Peck
But I don't have permissions in google code wiki :(

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 3:38 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
we can use the wiki (or the inria crappy site :))

Stef

On Jul 10, 2009, at 11:42 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Stef: where should I put this type of things so that not to forget
> it ?
>
> Google code seems not to have tickets that aren't bugs...or I don't
> see them
>
> Best,
>
> Mariano
>
> On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
> Thanks for the idea.
> this would be nice to have a pointer to a forge for the vm code.
>
> Stef
>
> > Hi Mariano,
> >
> > I welcome your decision. More reasons:
> >
> > - Most linux distributions do not have a standard configuration.
> >   If you cannot go through the configuration/make/install cycle, a
> >   package may simply not run on a certain target system.
> >   If you cannot go through these cycles, your possibilities to fix
> >   that are very limited.
> >
> > - Without sources, consumers cannot directly contribute to the
> defect
> >   tracking, fixing or development process

> > Cheers,
> >
> > Andreas
> >

> > Mariano Martinez Peck schrieb:
> >> I also think adding sources to Pharo webpage is a good idea. I saw
> >> a lot of
> >> people, who say "I wont use an enviorment in production that I
> >> cannot have
> >> the code and build it by myself". And I think they are correct!
> >>

> >> On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Andreas Leidig <[hidden email]

> project

Re: Pharo VM setup problem: where is pharo-vm-0.15.1b-linux source package available?

Adrian Lienhard
Hi Mariano,

I added you to the Pharo Google code project.

Adrian

On Jul 11, 2009, at 21:13 , Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> But I don't have permissions in google code wiki :(
>
> On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 3:38 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]
>> wrote:
>
>> we can use the wiki (or the inria crappy site :))
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Jul 10, 2009, at 11:42 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>>
>>> Stef: where should I put this type of things so that not to forget
>>> it ?
>>>
>>> Google code seems not to have tickets that aren't bugs...or I don't
>>> see them
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> Mariano
>>>
>>> On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <
>> [hidden email]
>>> Thanks for the idea.
>>> this would be nice to have a pointer to a forge for the vm code.
>>>
>>> Stef

>>> defect

>> [hidden email]

>>> project

Re: Pharo VM setup problem: where is pharo-vm-0.15.1b-linux source package available?

Mariano Martinez Peck
Thanks Adrian!

I didn't find any page related with this. What do you think about creating a page called "ideas to implement". I can put there this topic :)

Thanks

Mariano

On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 8:44 AM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Mariano,

I added you to the Pharo Google code project.

Adrian

On Jul 11, 2009, at 21:13 , Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> But I don't have permissions in google code wiki :(
>
> On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 3:38 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]
>> wrote:
>
>> we can use the wiki (or the inria crappy site :))
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Jul 10, 2009, at 11:42 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>>
>>> Stef: where should I put this type of things so that not to forget
>>> it ?
>>>
>>> Google code seems not to have tickets that aren't bugs...or I don't
>>> see them
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> Mariano
>>>
>>> On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <
>> [hidden email]
>>> Thanks for the idea.
>>> this would be nice to have a pointer to a forge for the vm code.
>>>
>>> Stef

>>> defect

>> [hidden email]

>>> project

Re: Pharo VM setup problem: where is pharo-vm-0.15.1b-linux source package available?

Adrian Lienhard
Ok, please go ahead and create the page.
Adrian

On Jul 12, 2009, at 19:46 , Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> Thanks Adrian!
>
> I didn't find any page related with this. What do you think about
> creating a
> page called "ideas to implement". I can put there this topic :)
> Thanks
>
> Mariano
>
> On Sun, Jul 12, 2009 at 8:44 AM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Mariano,
>>
>> I added you to the Pharo Google code project.
>>
>> Adrian
>>

>> On Jul 11, 2009, at 21:13 , Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
>>
>>> But I don't have permissions in google code wiki :(
>>>
>>> On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 3:38 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <
>> [hidden email]

Re: Pharo VM setup problem: where is pharo-vm-0.15.1b-linux source package available?

Mariano Martinez Peck
Ok. Done:

http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/IdeasToImplement

would love someone can complete the information I don't know!

Mariano