Pharo & Windows 10

John Brant-2
Is anyone using a recent Pharo with Windows 10? I'm using
Pharo-7.0.0+rc1.build.44.sha.d3be1c018447fa5f7ba666cea7aff396f36d4309
(64 Bit) and am getting crashes whenever I try to commit anything using
Iceberg. This seems to be a recent issue -- if I open an image from a
few weeks ago, it works.

Also, when I reopen the image, and the try to open the "Code Changes" it
fails with:
------------------------
GrafPort(Object)>>error:
GrafPort(BitBlt)>>copyBits
GrafPort>>copyBits
GrafPort>>image:at:sourceRect:rule:
FormCanvas>>image:at:sourceRect:rule:
FormCanvas(Canvas)>>drawImage:at:sourceRect:
FormCanvas(Canvas)>>drawImage:at:
HiRulerBuilder>>form
HiRulerController>>buildRulerForm
HiRulerController>>refreshRuler
HiRulerController>>values:
HiRulerController>>updateFromTree
[ hiedraRulerController updateFromTree ] in
EpLogNodeGraphPresenter>>initializeHiedraController in Block: [
hiedraRulerController updateFromTree ]
BlockClosure>>cull:
BlockClosure>>cull:cull:
BlockClosure>>cull:cull:cull:
BlockClosure>>cull:cull:cull:cull:
[ :announcement :ann |
aBlock
        cull: announcement newValue
        cull: announcement oldValue
        cull: announcement
        cull: ann ] in CollectionValueHolder(Model)>>whenChangedDo: in Block: [
:announcement :ann | ...
BlockClosure>>cull:cull:
[ action cull: anAnnouncement cull: announcer ] in
AnnouncementSubscription>>deliver: in Block: [ action cull:
anAnnouncement cull: announcer ]
BlockClosure>>on:do:
BlockClosure>>on:fork:
AnnouncementSubscription>>deliver:
[ "Ensure delivery to remaining announcements" subscription deliver:
anAnnouncement ] in SubscriptionRegistry>>deliver:to:startingAt: in
Block: [ "Ensure delivery to remaining announcements" sub...etc...
BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
SubscriptionRegistry>>deliver:to:startingAt:
SubscriptionRegistry>>deliver:to:
SubscriptionRegistry>>deliver:
Announcer>>announce:
CollectionValueHolder(NewValueHolder)>>valueChanged:
------------------------
This issue existed in the image I have from a few weeks ago.

I've tried using the latest vm's from both files.pharo.org and bintray.com.

John Brant

Re: Pharo & Windows 10

CyrilFerlicot

On Fri 14 Dec 2018 at 23:22, John Brant <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is anyone using a recent Pharo with Windows 10? I'm using
Pharo-7.0.0+rc1.build.44.sha.d3be1c018447fa5f7ba666cea7aff396f36d4309
(64 Bit) and am getting crashes whenever I try to commit anything using
Iceberg. This seems to be a recent issue -- if I open an image from a
few weeks ago, it works.

Hello,

I think this is a known issue on the 64bits Windows version. It’s one of the remaining issue before releasing a stable version of Pharo on Windows 64bits.

Thank you for the report!

Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: Pharo & Windows 10

EstebanLM
Yes, the copyBits problem  is THE problem that is stopping us to release P7 (I said time before that Athens is still not working, and the only thing FFI-based still not working in windows 64bit).
The crash problem is easily workaroundable by executing:

FFIExternalEnumeration allSubclassesDo: #initializeEnumeration.
FFIExternalStructure allSubclassesDo: #compileFields.

(There is a PR to fix the real problem there, but still not integrated).

Esteban

> On 14 Dec 2018, at 23:21, John Brant <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Is anyone using a recent Pharo with Windows 10? I'm using
> Pharo-7.0.0+rc1.build.44.sha.d3be1c018447fa5f7ba666cea7aff396f36d4309
> (64 Bit) and am getting crashes whenever I try to commit anything using
> Iceberg. This seems to be a recent issue -- if I open an image from a
> few weeks ago, it works.
>
> Also, when I reopen the image, and the try to open the "Code Changes" it
> fails with:
> ------------------------
> GrafPort(Object)>>error:
> GrafPort(BitBlt)>>copyBits
> GrafPort>>copyBits
> GrafPort>>image:at:sourceRect:rule:
> FormCanvas>>image:at:sourceRect:rule:
> FormCanvas(Canvas)>>drawImage:at:sourceRect:
> FormCanvas(Canvas)>>drawImage:at:
> HiRulerBuilder>>form
> HiRulerController>>buildRulerForm
> HiRulerController>>refreshRuler
> HiRulerController>>values:
> HiRulerController>>updateFromTree
> [ hiedraRulerController updateFromTree ] in
> EpLogNodeGraphPresenter>>initializeHiedraController in Block: [
> hiedraRulerController updateFromTree ]
> BlockClosure>>cull:
> BlockClosure>>cull:cull:
> BlockClosure>>cull:cull:cull:
> BlockClosure>>cull:cull:cull:cull:
> [ :announcement :ann |
> aBlock
> cull: announcement newValue
> cull: announcement oldValue
> cull: announcement
> cull: ann ] in CollectionValueHolder(Model)>>whenChangedDo: in Block: [
> :announcement :ann | ...
> BlockClosure>>cull:cull:
> [ action cull: anAnnouncement cull: announcer ] in
> AnnouncementSubscription>>deliver: in Block: [ action cull:
> anAnnouncement cull: announcer ]
> BlockClosure>>on:do:
> BlockClosure>>on:fork:
> AnnouncementSubscription>>deliver:
> [ "Ensure delivery to remaining announcements" subscription deliver:
> anAnnouncement ] in SubscriptionRegistry>>deliver:to:startingAt: in
> Block: [ "Ensure delivery to remaining announcements" sub...etc...
> BlockClosure>>ifCurtailed:
> SubscriptionRegistry>>deliver:to:startingAt:
> SubscriptionRegistry>>deliver:to:
> SubscriptionRegistry>>deliver:
> Announcer>>announce:
> CollectionValueHolder(NewValueHolder)>>valueChanged:
> ------------------------
> This issue existed in the image I have from a few weeks ago.
>
> I've tried using the latest vm's from both files.pharo.org and bintray.com.
>

> John Brant

Re: Pharo & Windows 10

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Where is the PR?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.feenk.com

"Reasonable is what we are accustomed with."

Re: Pharo & Windows 10

CyrilFerlicot

On Sat 15 Dec 2018 at 15:12, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Where is the PR?

Hi,

I guess it’s this one.