Pharo Wishlist (was Native Windows in Pharo)

Pharo Wishlist (was Native Windows in Pharo)

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
There was a ( hijacked ;-) ) thread on the user list about a feature wishlist.  Although I think the "Benevolent Dictator" model is better suited for this stage of Pharo's evolution, it would be cool for the dictators (since they are benevolent and the opin-ers will not "disappear") to see what the community is passionate about.

The reference was to the http://uservoice.com/ online app, which I've enjoyed using for PersonalBrain (http://www.thebrain.com/)

Sean

See relevant quotes below from http://forum.world.st/Native-Windows-in-Pharo-td3071794.html:

Andres Fortier-2 wrote
Ok, I see. Is there a "wishlist" associated with Pharo? Something like
http://feedback.assembla.com/?

thanks!
Andrés
Mariano Martinez Peck wrote
There are some related pages in http://code.google.com/p/pharo/w/list

For exampple: http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/IdeasToImplement

cheers

mariano
Andres Fortier-2 wrote
Thanks Mariano! I was looking for something more "formal", to let user's
vote for features and a commitment of the dev team to include N of the
most voted per release (of course N depends on the release cycle and the
feature complexity).

Thanks!
Andrés
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Pharo Wishlist (was Native Windows in Pharo)

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 7:58 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:

There was a ( hijacked ;-) ) thread on the user list about a feature
wishlist.  Although I think the "Benevolent Dictator" model is better suited
for this stage of Pharo's evolution, it would be cool for the dictators
(since they are benevolent and the opin-ers will not "disappear") to see
what the community is passionate about.

The reference was to the http://uservoice.com/ online app, which I've
enjoyed using for PersonalBrain (http://www.thebrain.com/)

I guess that if someone can give it a try (create the survey, etc), pharaoers will "vote".