Pharo analog to Dolphin's "immediate objects"?

Pharo analog to Dolphin's "immediate objects"?

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Hello all,

Dolphin stores small integers and characters entirely in the header, and describes them as having "immediate" storage.  Is there a similar concept in Pharo?

I _think_ I can get around it by looking at other tests such as #isBytes, but I am still trying to decide whether they are simply named the same way or actually do the same thing.

Bill

Re: Pharo analog to Dolphin's "immediate objects"?

Nicolas Cellier
2009/10/31 Schwab,Wilhelm K <[hidden email]>:
> Hello all,
>
> Dolphin stores small integers and characters entirely in the header, and describes them as having "immediate" storage.  Is there a similar concept in Pharo?
>
> I _think_ I can get around it by looking at other tests such as #isBytes, but I am still trying to decide whether they are simply named the same way or actually do the same thing.
>
> Bill

In squeak, Characters are not immediate...
SmallInteger are.

I don't see an #isImmediate message though unlike VW/Dolphin...