Pharo and ActiveDirectory

Torsten Bergmann
Hi,

anyone used/uses Pharo to bind to ActiveDirectory?

Last thread I've seen is http://forum.world.st/Pharo-amp-LDAP-td3308841.html

Does it work now?

Is http://map.squeak.org/package/ccbcb878-e09b-48ed-a773-5939bf8c2c3e the latest
code is there something more updated?

Thanks
T.

Re: Pharo and ActiveDirectory

aglynn42
If you make some provision to handle attributes with the 'binary' flag set, which are generally base64 encoded data such as the person's photo, GUID/PUID, and synch options, it should be ok.

LDAP uses similar encoding rules to ASN.1, and ASN.1 has better documentation.

The only difficult problem I've run into is that binary values synched via HTML (common between MS LDAP and 'truer' LDAP implementations such as OpenLDAP and OpenDJ) often don't have the binary fields encoded correctly in the HTML.  I could probably dig up some code that handles binary attributes, but it wouldn't be Smalltalk code unfortunately.

Cheers
Andrew

Re: Pharo and ActiveDirectory

Olivier Auverlot
Torsten,

I'm not sure that a Active Directory client protocol is available for Pharo. We have only an LDAP framework (LDAPlayer) that runs fine (I use it every day).

A quick solution is to use another language to build a REST service (perhaps that a open source gateway is already available ?)  and interfacing your Pharo app with him.

Best regards
Olivier :)