Pharo and Ubuntu

Torsten Bergmann
Hi there,

just installed Ubuntu 10.04. In the Software Center
I was able to find and install Squeak.
For Pharo I had to use the one click ZIP.

But what has to be done so that Pharo is listed in the
Ubuntu Software center too and is installed with a few
clicks so it integrates well (icon, correct image, ...)

Thx
T.

Re: Pharo and Ubuntu

Stéphane Ducasse
I do not know the process to get pharo included.
If somebody does then we get a chance.

On May 9, 2010, at 10:57 PM, Torsten Bergmann wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> just installed Ubuntu 10.04. In the Software Center
> I was able to find and install Squeak.
> For Pharo I had to use the one click ZIP.
>
> But what has to be done so that Pharo is listed in the
> Ubuntu Software center too and is installed with a few
> clicks so it integrates well (icon, correct image, ...)
>
> Thx
> T.

Re: Pharo and Ubuntu

laurent laffont
Hi Torsten,

I know there's a package team for Squeak. http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-squeak/

As Ubuntu is based on debian testing/unstable, I suppose squeakvm will enter in next Ubuntu release.

Laurent Laffont