Pharo and fileout folder

Pablo Frias
Hi everyone,

I noted that Pharo resets the location of output when doing fileout to the default Pharo folder, even after several times I changed it to another folder.
Is that an expected behaviour?

Thanks,
Pablo

Re: Pharo and fileout folder

HilaireFernandes
Under P7, from the class browser, when I fileout, it does not ask me!

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu

Re: Pharo and fileout folder

HilaireFernandes
On P7, the path is hardcoded to the image directory:

CodeExporter class>>writeSourceCodeFrom: aStream baseName: baseName
isSt: stOrCsFlag

    | extension targetFile |
    extension := stOrCsFlag ifTrue: ['st']  ifFalse: ['cs'].
    targetFile := FileLocator imageDirectory / baseName asFileName,
extension.

    self writeSourceCodeFrom: aStream toFileReference: targetFile

But there are likely other classes doing the same things differently as
you seem to be able to select the path.

Hilaire

--
Dr. Geo