Pharo application packager for OS X

1 message Options

Pharo application packager for OS X

demarey
Hi,

At this time, we do not have a utility to easily create an OS X application (dmg or pkg) from a Pharo image.
It would be nice to have a tool like javapackager[1] but for Pharo.
What does javapackager? It creates a pkg installer for OS X. At the end of the installation, you get an OS X application (you can specify the name, the icon, the version) that embed the JRE, the application jar file, the plist file, the resources, and a binary that I guess is small wrapper used to run the jre with adequate parameters.
You can see at [2] how it is esay to build an app (even possible to sign it).

I would like to have the same utility for a Pharo app. Instead of shipping a jar + the JRE, we ship Pharo VM + the image file.
Nevertheless, I do not know a lot on OS X and I do not know what to do to create a wrapper for Pharo like the one of pkg installer. Does anyone have an interest to create it or can give information to build it?

Regards,
Christophe

[1] https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/tools/unix/javapackager.html
[2] http://centerkey.com/mac/java/