Pharo benchmarks ?

cdelaunay
Hello,

We are looking for any kind of benchmark in pharo, we would like to include such benchmarks in a reporting system for Pharo.

Re: Pharo benchmarks ?

Alexandre Bergel
> We are looking for any kind of benchmark in pharo, we would like to include such benchmarks in a reporting system for Pharo.

Excellent idea. I have plenty of benchmarks for the applications I develop, but none specific to Pharo.
Do you have in mind a particular reporting system? I have written HealthReportProducer, a small class that helps me to write benchmarks.

Cheers,
Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Pharo benchmarks ?

Mariano Martinez Peck

2010/8/11 Cyrille Delaunay <[hidden email]>
Hello,

We are looking for any kind of benchmark in pharo, we would like to include such benchmarks in a reporting system for Pharo.

Hi. This is an EXCELLENT idea and I really really hope you can make it. I would love to have an addon to Hudson that not only runs the tets, but also the benchmarks. With this, we can see the impact of every system update. At least, what we cover with the benchmarks.
What I know is this:

http://map.squeak.org/package/3273bc19-5799-4f0d-b303-acff5ffab9e6

http://www.squeaksource.com/SystemBenchmarks

They probably won't work out of the box in Pharo but with some changes they may work. I don't know.

But Marcus Denker or Adrian may help you much more than me.

Cheers

Mariano

Re: Pharo benchmarks ?

Eliot Miranda-2

2010/8/11 Cyrille Delaunay <[hidden email]>
Hello,

We are looking for any kind of benchmark in pharo, we would like to include such benchmarks in a reporting system for Pharo.

Please feel free to include the ShootoutTests included in the Cog VMMaker image (http://www.squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/branches/Cog/image/VMMaker-Squeak4.1.image).  These are a subset of benchmarks from Isaac Gouy's computer language shootout benchmarks. These are non-trivial, compute-intensive and carefully chosen to highlight particular performance areas (allocation/garbage collection, threading, etc).  (Also, if you add any other c.l.s benchmarks to these please let me know.)

cheers
Eliot

Re: Pharo benchmarks ?

Cyrille
Good initiative!

In the past squeak came with a set of benchmarck that measured for examples 20 times opening a browser
They may be in SystemBnehcmarcj packages that mariano mentioned.

Stef