Pharo beta one-click somewhere?

Janko Mivšek
Hi guys,

Is there any Pharo one-click around to adopt? Hopefully based on latest
beta...

Thanks
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: Pharo beta one-click somewhere?

Damien Cassou
2009/8/26 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>:
> Is there any Pharo one-click around to adopt? Hopefully based on latest
> beta...

not yet sorry. Marcus, could you please build one?

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: Pharo beta one-click somewhere?

Janko Mivšek
Damien Cassou pravi:
> Janko Mivšek:
>> Is there any Pharo one-click around to adopt? Hopefully based on latest
>> beta...

> not yet sorry. Marcus, could you please build one?

.. it would namely be nice to have a Pharo based one-click distro  for
my tutorial on ESUG ... :)

Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Pharo beta one-click somewhere?

Stéphane Ducasse
:)
but are you on mac?
On Aug 26, 2009, at 1:08 PM, Janko Mivšek wrote:

> Damien Cassou pravi:
>> Janko Mivšek:
>>> Is there any Pharo one-click around to adopt? Hopefully based on
>>> latest
>>> beta...
>
>> not yet sorry. Marcus, could you please build one?
>
> .. it would namely be nice to have a Pharo based one-click distro  for
> my tutorial on ESUG ... :)
>
> Janko
>
> --
> Janko Mivšek
> AIDA/Web
> Smalltalk Web Application Server
> http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Pharo beta one-click somewhere?

Mariano Martinez Peck
There is no one click but there is a nice installer for Windows. But I guess you are not in a windows box. Anyway, this is the link for that:

 http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/22778/setup_pharo_0.0.0.10.exe

Janko: It is good news if Aida/Web runs perfectly well in Pharo. Would be nice to have different alternatives to persist but also for the UI.

Best

Mariano

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 11:22 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
:)
but are you on mac?
On Aug 26, 2009, at 1:08 PM, Janko Mivšek wrote:

> Damien Cassou pravi:
>> Janko Mivšek:
>>> Is there any Pharo one-click around to adopt? Hopefully based on
>>> latest
>>> beta...
>
>> not yet sorry. Marcus, could you please build one?
>
> .. it would namely be nice to have a Pharo based one-click distro  for
> my tutorial on ESUG ... :)
>
> Janko
>
> --
> Janko Mivšek
> AIDA/Web
> Smalltalk Web Application Server
> http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Pharo beta one-click somewhere?

Marcus Denker-3

On 26.08.2009, at 06:48, Damien Cassou wrote:

> 2009/8/26 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>:
>> Is there any Pharo one-click around to adopt? Hopefully based on
>> latest
>> beta...
>
> not yet sorry. Marcus, could you please build one?

Yes, that's on my list actually.... we should only distribute the one-
click. Makes everything much simpler
for people starting.

I will do that sometimes the next days.

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker - http://marcusdenker.de
PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Re: Pharo beta one-click somewhere?

Janko Mivšek
Hi Maiano,

Mariano Martinez Peck pravi:
> Janko: It is good news if Aida/Web runs perfectly well in Pharo. Would
> be nice to have different alternatives to persist but also for the UI.

Well, I needed to add some 'isPharo ifTrue:' sentences already.
Fortunatelly only in some reflection code for so called "climbing on the
stack", a way to get current web session from the stack, for instance.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Pharo beta one-click somewhere?

Janko Mivšek
Hi Stef,

Stéphane Ducasse pravi:
> :)
> but are you on mac?

Well, even that not really one click images, they are usefull on Linux
and Wins too, better that a separate installation of everything ...:)

Janko

On Aug 26, 2009, at 10:44 PM, Janko Mivšek wrote:

> Hi Maiano,
>
> Mariano Martinez Peck pravi:
>> Janko: It is good news if Aida/Web runs perfectly well in Pharo.
>> Would
>> be nice to have different alternatives to persist but also for the
>> UI.
>
> Well, I needed to add some 'isPharo ifTrue:' sentences already.

Can you give us some examples why you need that?

> Fortunatelly only in some reflection code for so called "climbing on
> the
> stack", a way to get current web session from the stack, for instance.
>
> Best regards
> Janko
>
> --
> Janko Mivšek
> AIDA/Web
> Smalltalk Web Application Server
> http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Pharo beta one-click somewhere?

Janko Mivšek

Stéphane Ducasse pravi:

>> Well, I needed to add some 'isPharo ifTrue:' sentences already.

> Can you give us some examples why you need that?

For the stack contexts, see this "climbing on the stack" method:

Object>>firstRequestFromStack

  "try to find a first sender up in calling stack, who is  AIDASite and
  get request of that call"
  "Squeak specific! "

  | stContext isBlock |
  stContext := thisContext.
  [stContext notNil] whileTrue: [
      isBlock := AIDASite onPharo
        ifTrue: *[stContext outerContext notNil]*
        ifFalse: *[stContext isBlock]*.
     (isBlock not
       and: [(stContext receiver isKindOf: AIDASite)
          and: [(stContext at: 2) isKindOf: HTTPRequest]])
ifTrue: [^stContext at: 2].
     stContext := stContext sender].

Re: Pharo beta one-click somewhere?

johnmci
Er that looks more like the question is this a closure based image or
not.
If so you'll get burned when the first Squeak image comes out that is
fully closure aware.

Off hand I don't know exactly how you tell if it's a closure based VM,
no doubt someone will pipe up.
On 26-Aug-09, at 2:33 PM, Janko Mivšek wrote:

> Stéphane Ducasse pravi:
>
>>> Well, I needed to add some 'isPharo ifTrue:' sentences already.
>
>> Can you give us some examples why you need that?
>
> For the stack contexts, see this "climbing on the stack" method:
>
> Object>>firstRequestFromStack
>
>  "try to find a first sender up in calling stack, who is  AIDASite and
>  get request of that call"
>  "Squeak specific! "
>
>  | stContext isBlock |
>  stContext := thisContext.
>  [stContext notNil] whileTrue: [
>      isBlock := AIDASite onPharo
> ifTrue: *[stContext outerContext notNil]*
>        ifFalse: *[stContext isBlock]*.
>     (isBlock not
>       and: [(stContext receiver isKindOf: AIDASite)
>          and: [(stContext at: 2) isKindOf: HTTPRequest]])
> ifTrue: [^stContext at: 2].
>     stContext := stContext sender].

=
=
=
John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>   Twitter:
squeaker68882
=
=
=