Pharo book looking for editors and a Pier guy :)

Pharo book looking for editors and a Pier guy :)

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi all

Gemstone nicely offered to host the equivalent of http://book.seaside.st for Pharo.
A not well-skinned version is available at http://book.pharo-project.org

The idea is that we do not want to have 100% open wiki but we want to have a web site
that the community can use to build a living documentation that can be turned into a book.
For that we will need some editors ie people willing to write and take into accounts
comments made other on certain topics.

        I can be one of these but we need more :)
        You do not have to enroll for everything

I dream to have a presentation on how to compile the vm :) for example
        on mac
        on linux
        on Windows

Now since I'm bad with pier (Pier is out of my reach) I need people to take over.
I succeeded to break the current installation but I would say that this is not my fault :)

Re: Pharo book looking for editors and a Pier guy :)

laurent laffont
Cool !

As I'm currently working on how to compile the VM on Linux and already wrote some stuff, I can participate on it.

I dream of a section "The Pharo way to write GUI apps" :)

Cheers,

Laurent Laffont

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 7:34 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks!

On Mar 25, 2010, at 8:39 PM, laurent laffont wrote:

> Cool !
>
> As I'm currently working on how to compile the VM on Linux and already wrote some stuff, I can participate on it.
>
> I dream of a section "The Pharo way to write GUI apps" :)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Laurent Laffont
>

> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 7:34 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Gemstone nicely offered to host the equivalent of http://book.seaside.st for Pharo.
> A not well-skinned version is available at http://book.pharo-project.org
>
> The idea is that we do not want to have 100% open wiki but we want to have a web site
> that the community can use to build a living documentation that can be turned into a book.
> For that we will need some editors ie people willing to write and take into accounts
> comments made other on certain topics.
>
>        I can be one of these but we need more :)
>        You do not have to enroll for everything
>
> I dream to have a presentation on how to compile the vm :) for example
>        on mac
>        on linux
>        on Windows
>

> Now since I'm bad with pier (Pier is out of my reach) I need people to take over.
> I succeeded to break the current installation but I would say that this is not my fault :)
>
> Stef

Re: Pharo book looking for editors and a Pier guy :)

Excellent!

On Mar 25, 2010, at 8:50 PM, Pablo David Scalora wrote:

> I can help with the documentation about how to compile the VM on Linux.
>
> Greetings
>

> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Gemstone nicely offered to host the equivalent of http://book.seaside.st for Pharo.
> A not well-skinned version is available at http://book.pharo-project.org
>
> The idea is that we do not want to have 100% open wiki but we want to have a web site
> that the community can use to build a living documentation that can be turned into a book.
> For that we will need some editors ie people willing to write and take into accounts
> comments made other on certain topics.
>
>        I can be one of these but we need more :)
>        You do not have to enroll for everything
>
> I dream to have a presentation on how to compile the vm :) for example
>        on mac
>        on linux
>        on Windows
>

> Now since I'm bad with pier (Pier is out of my reach) I need people to take over.
> I succeeded to break the current installation but I would say that this is not my fault :)
>
> Stef

Re: Pharo book looking for editors and a Pier guy :)

garduino
Hi:

I could help a bit with Pier, being that I already maintain other Pier
sites, but of course I'm not good at graphics and so :)

I mean I can help installing, administering (persistency/users/server
stuff/etc), checking that it works and doing some other techie work.

Also I did several things on 2007 compiling the VM of Squeak (for
Windoze) to a specific customer, I can revise my notes of such moment
and try to help also with this stuff.

But not sure on what time frame, so if you can wait my free times,
count me to some of the things mentioned before....

Cheers.
Germán.

2010/3/25 Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]>:

> Hi all
>
> Gemstone nicely offered to host the equivalent of http://book.seaside.st for Pharo.
> A not well-skinned version is available at http://book.pharo-project.org
>
> The idea is that we do not want to have 100% open wiki but we want to have a web site
> that the community can use to build a living documentation that can be turned into a book.
> For that we will need some editors ie people willing to write and take into accounts
> comments made other on certain topics.
>
>        I can be one of these but we need more :)
>        You do not have to enroll for everything
>
> I dream to have a presentation on how to compile the vm :) for example
>        on mac
>        on linux
>        on Windows
>

> Now since I'm bad with pier (Pier is out of my reach) I need people to take over.
> I succeeded to break the current installation but I would say that this is not my fault :)
>
> Stef

Re: Pharo book looking for editors and a Pier guy :)

Stéphane Ducasse
Thanks.

Doru is helping making sure that we will get a pier in good shape.
After we give some editors accounts and everybody is welcome with its own time constraints.

Stef