Pharo by Example - Lights Out

Dharma66
Hi,

I'm trying to work through PBE, and have got to the LightsOut chapter.

It appears that SimpleSwitchMorph is not part of the image.

I found some old posts in the archive about this, but they just seemed to be mentioning something about putting a disclaimer in the book.

Is there any way I can progress with this tutorial?

Thanks

--
Ram Ram

Re: Pharo by Example - Lights Out

Marcus Denker-4

On Aug 25, 2010, at 12:43 AM, Phil Lewis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to work through PBE, and have got to the LightsOut chapter.
>
> It appears that SimpleSwitchMorph is not part of the image.
>
> I found some old posts in the archive about this, but they just seemed to be mentioning something about putting a disclaimer in the book.
>
> Is there any way I can progress with this tutorial?

Hello,

For the book, the easiest for now is to use the image that we used when writing it....

        https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/27023/PBE-1.0.zip
(this is linked from http://pharobyexample.org/)

The problem is that we can not update the book for every release... (just wrangling with Lulu
to get it into bookstores takes quite some effort and time...).

We will definitly do an update at some point, but for now, using the 1.0 image with the O2 browser
is the way to go. (this has the SimpleSwitchMorph, too).

Of cource, this is getting older and the differences larger with every release, so we need to do a
new version of the book at some point.

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de