Pharo by example

1 message Options

Pharo by example

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Stef,

My printed copy arrived today.  It looks like a really good book.

There are some headings that have missing letters, for example, see pg. 27 ("A  rst application") pg. 215 (section 10.4, "Using streams for  le access"); the 10-07 pdf looks ok, so this could be a Lulu mistake.  I reserve the right to retract this as I continue reading, but the dropped letters all appear to be from (sub)section names, and so far, they do *not* look like areas that were "low on ink."  The adjacent text looks crisp; it simply looks as though the letters were somehow dropped from the titles.

One small suggestion/request for future prined copies would be to make the pages a little wider and move the text outward slightly.  As it is, it sometimes gets a little tight into the spine.

Nice job - thanks to all involve for writing it!

Bill