Pharo by example: version naming

Schwab,Wilhelm K
It's nice to see the book available!  Thanks, and congratulations!!

Please look at section 3.7; this is probably a problem throughout the book though.  The last sentence in 3.7 states "Since Pharo 3.9, ..." which really is referring to Squeak.  It should be cleaned up in some way out of respect for the good in Squeak and since there will probably (eventually) be a Pharo 3.9.

Bill

Re: Pharo by example: version naming

Daniel P Zepeda

On Sep 22, 2009, at 5:57 AM, Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:

> It's nice to see the book available!  Thanks, and congratulations!!

Really? Where is it? I don't see it on the Pharo website. I looked
through the archives and couldn't find a mention of it.

DZ

Re: Pharo by example: version naming

Schwab,Wilhelm K

http://pharo-project.org/PharoByExample

aka, the first hit on google.

Bill

On Sep 22, 2009, at 5:57 AM, Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:

> It's nice to see the book available!  Thanks, and congratulations!!

Really? Where is it? I don't see it on the Pharo website. I looked through the archives and couldn't find a mention of it.

DZ

Re: Pharo by example: version naming

Mariano Martinez Peck
The thing is that it is not here:

http://pharo-project.org/documentation/tutorials-books

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 1:28 PM, Schwab,Wilhelm K <[hidden email]> wrote:

http://pharo-project.org/PharoByExample

aka, the first hit on google.

Bill

On Sep 22, 2009, at 5:57 AM, Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:

> It's nice to see the book available!  Thanks, and congratulations!!

Really? Where is it? I don't see it on the Pharo website. I looked through the archives and couldn't find a mention of it.

DZ

Re: Pharo by example: version naming

Miguel Cobá
El mar, 22-09-2009 a las 06:57 -0400, Schwab,Wilhelm K escribió:
> It's nice to see the book available!  Thanks, and congratulations!!
>
> Please look at section 3.7; this is probably a problem throughout the book though.  The last sentence in 3.7 states "Since Pharo 3.9, ..." which really is referring to Squeak.  It should be cleaned up in some way out of respect for the good in Squeak and since there will probably (eventually) be a Pharo 3.9.
>
> Bill

But hasn't been an announce right? I can't find the announce.

Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: Pharo by example: version naming

Schwab,Wilhelm K
I assume that the authors are trying to gradually release it, get some feedback, and then ultimately make it difficult to miss.

Bill