Pharo compabilitty with #1

Holger Freyther
Hi all,

in Pharo it seems that #1 will evaluate to 1 as a SmallInteger. I came across
this when pointing gst-convert to the SoapOpera sources. In any case this is
not valid according to the ANSI Smalltalk draft I consulted, but then #ABC is
also not valid but well supported.

So once again what should we do? Ignore it? Allow to parse this from Squeak
code and turn it into a number literal?

holger

Re: Pharo compabilitty with #1

Paolo Bonzini-2
On 02/18/2011 12:35 PM, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:
> in Pharo it seems that #1 will evaluate to 1 as a SmallInteger. I came across
> this when pointing gst-convert to the SoapOpera sources. In any case this is
> not valid according to the ANSI Smalltalk draft I consulted, but then #ABC is
> also not valid but well supported.
>
> So once again what should we do? Ignore it? Allow to parse this from Squeak
> code and turn it into a number literal?

Report it as a bug in Pharo.

Paolo