Pharo consultants

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi guys

I just got a nice chat with a cool Pharo expert (Mariano) that is doing consulting and development around Pharo and this is a cool feeling to know that smart guys in our community can find nice jobs that keeps them busy in Pharo.
I think that we should market the community much more, because I think that this is important for other companies
to know that they can find help with really talented people in our community.
May be we should make more noise around:
        Pharo: a community with smart developers for cool business

Re: Pharo consultants

Tudor Girba-2
Yes, I completely agree.

I think it is important to start exchanging Pharo-related business experiences. This is why the second day of PharoConf and part of the MooseDay will feature several talks about doing business around Pharo. I think we should collect and spread such stories.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"We cannot reach the flow of things unless we let go."

Re: Pharo consultants

sebastianconcept@gmail.co
That would be awesome.

Glad to hear about an initiative to make things sustainable.

A catalog of people who works using it would be great.

No need to be a social network site, just a catalog for people to navigate who's working with it. Plus a subscribe/login for everyone manage its own profile so consultants can set a photo some bio and its portfolio

Everybody could endorse skills or write reviews

I know I know... Linked In already kind of does that, but that's not the point

The point is that we have our little proprietary thing focused on Pharo and endorsed by Pharo itself

If I would have available time I would make flowing itself to sponsor with developing such a site/extension to current pharo site

On Mar 8, 2013, at 6:05 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

Hi guys

I just got a nice chat with a cool Pharo expert (Mariano) that is doing consulting and development around Pharo and this is a cool feeling to know that smart guys in our community can find nice jobs that keeps them busy in Pharo.
I think that we should market the community much more, because I think that this is important for other companies
to know that they can find help with really talented people in our community.
May be we should make more noise around:
Pharo: a community with smart developers for cool business

Re: Pharo consultants

stephane ducasse

That would be awesome.

Glad to hear about an initiative to make things sustainable.

A catalog of people who works using it would be great.

We have the association just for that! In the next version we will add blogging facilities.

No need to be a social network site, just a catalog for people to navigate who's working with it. Plus a subscribe/login for everyone manage its own profile so consultants can set a photo some bio and its portfolio

Did you check the association web site :)

Everybody could endorse skills or write reviews

We cannot do that but you can link to linkedIn.

I know I know... Linked In already kind of does that, but that's not the point

so we are already linking into  linkedIn :)

The point is that we have our little proprietary thing focused on Pharo and endorsed by Pharo itself

We have the association and it points to linkedIn

If I would have available time I would make flowing itself to sponsor with developing such a site/extension to current pharo site

Sorry but I do not understand what you mean.

On Mar 8, 2013, at 6:05 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

Hi guys

I just got a nice chat with a cool Pharo expert (Mariano) that is doing consulting and development around Pharo and this is a cool feeling to know that smart guys in our community can find nice jobs that keeps them busy in Pharo.
I think that we should market the community much more, because I think that this is important for other companies
to know that they can find help with really talented people in our community.
May be we should make more noise around:
Pharo: a community with smart developers for cool business

Re: Pharo consultants

sebastianconcept@gmail.co
Ah I get it, that's right.

Probably what I mean is a better site of that goal which is answering who is who in terms of what he/she did

thinking in https://angel.co/ as a benchmark

On Mar 9, 2013, at 5:39 PM, stephane ducasse wrote:

[...]

Mariano Martinez Peck
Thanks Stef for the nice words :)
Maybe a first step which could be quite easy is to add a page of "Pharo associated consultants" or something like that in the Pharo website. Like the one we have now for contributors:
but for consultants. And each consultant can write a few keywords or small paragraph about their expertise.

Best,

On Sat, Mar 9, 2013 at 7:11 PM, Sebastian Sastre <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com