[Pharo-dev] [ANN] SmalltalkHub update

Nicolas Petton
Hi!

I've just updated SmalltalkHub with new features and bug fixes, especially:

- Packages can now be removed by the project owner
- MCZ files can also be removed one by one

The update also includes a security fix with contributors discovered by Camillo.

Most of the credit for this release goes to Damien, he implemented most of it, thanks Damien!

PS: remember that you can now use the configuration of smalltalkhub to get your own instance or start contributing to it, or even but use the jenkins job:
https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/SmalltalkHub/

Cheers,
Nico

Re: [Pharo-dev] [Esug-list] [ANN] SmalltalkHub update

SergeStinckwich
Hourra it works !

Thank you Nicolas & Damien

Now I want to be able to remove projects ;-)

Regards

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Nicolas Petton
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've just updated SmalltalkHub with new features and bug fixes, especially:
>
> - Packages can now be removed by the project owner
> - MCZ files can also be removed one by one
>
> The update also includes a security fix with contributors discovered by Camillo.
>
> Most of the credit for this release goes to Damien, he implemented most of it, thanks Damien!
>
> PS: remember that you can now use the configuration of smalltalkhub to get your own instance or start contributing to it, or even but use the jenkins job:
> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/SmalltalkHub/
>

> Cheers,
> Nico

Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: [Pharo-dev] [Esug-list] [ANN] SmalltalkHub update

HwaJong Oh
yes!

2013. 5. 27., 저녁 10:17, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> 작성:

> Hourra it works !
>
> Thank you Nicolas & Damien
>
> Now I want to be able to remove projects ;-)
>
> Regards
>

> On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Nicolas Petton
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I've just updated SmalltalkHub with new features and bug fixes, especially:
>>
>> - Packages can now be removed by the project owner
>> - MCZ files can also be removed one by one
>>
>> The update also includes a security fix with contributors discovered by Camillo.
>>
>> Most of the credit for this release goes to Damien, he implemented most of it, thanks Damien!
>>
>> PS: remember that you can now use the configuration of smalltalkhub to get your own instance or start contributing to it, or even but use the jenkins job:
>> https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/SmalltalkHub/
>>

>> Cheers,
>> Nico

> Serge Stinckwich
> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: [Pharo-dev] [Esug-list] [ANN] SmalltalkHub update

Damien Cassou
On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 3:17 PM, Serge Stinckwich
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Now I want to be able to remove projects ;-)

That is fixed too. You'll just have to wait for the deployment of this
new version. Team deletion is ready to be deployed too.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

Re: [Pharo-dev] [ANN] SmalltalkHub update

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

On 27 May 2013, at 14:45, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi!

I've just updated SmalltalkHub with new features and bug fixes, especially:

- Packages can now be removed by the project owner
- MCZ files can also be removed one by one

The update also includes a security fix with contributors discovered by Camillo.

Most of the credit for this release goes to Damien, he implemented most of it, thanks Damien!

PS: remember that you can now use the configuration of smalltalkhub to get your own instance or start contributing to it, or even but use the jenkins job:
https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/SmalltalkHub/

Cheers,
Nico

Nice !

And the best change is under the hood ;-)

Great  !

Sven

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu
Smalltalk is the Red Pill

Re: [Pharo-dev] [ANN] SmalltalkHub update

stephane ducasse

Nice !

And the best change is under the hood ;-)

;-)

<Screen Shot 2013-05-28 at 09.54.09.png>

Great  !

Sven

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu

Re: [Pharo-dev] [Esug-list] [ANN] SmalltalkHub update

kilon
Great job guys , keep rocking !

Does that mean that we will be able to delete projects too ? How about renaming ?

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 10:11 AM, kilon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Does that mean that we will be able to delete projects too ? How about
> renaming ?

deleting a project which belongs to an individual is already possible.
Deleting a project which belongs to a team will work as soon as the
new changes get deployed.

For the renaming, fill an issue in the tracker:
http://code.google.com/p/smalltalk-hub/issues/list

Winston Churchill

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
And the best change is under the hood ;-)

Yes! And Pharo 1.4 running in a StackVM has been replaced by Pharo 2.0 running in a CogVM.

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without losing enthusiasm."
Winston Churchill

On 28 May 2013, at 11:28, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
> And the best change is under the hood ;-)
>
> Yes! And Pharo 1.4 running in a StackVM has been replaced by Pharo 2.0 running in a CogVM.

That is worth some serious performance points as well, indeed.

BTW, I see that you have enabled gzip compression server side as well, using Zinc ?

That means you are using a very recent version of Zn, which one ?

Anyway, more performance improvements are underway.

Sven

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 1:47 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
> That means you are using a very recent version of Zn, which one ?

everything is described in the ConfigurationOfSmalltalkHub and its
dependencies. Taken from the latest image built by Jenkins, we have
what is in the attached screenshot.

zinc-smalltalkhub.png (22K) Download Attachment

Re: [Pharo-dev] [ANN] SmalltalkHub update

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Ah, thanks; that is the stable/released version.

But how is the Content-Encoding:gzip done then since that was only introduced later ?

There must be a (reverse) proxy in front of it then, but it is not visible in the headers, just curious how things are deployed...

On 28 May 2013, at 15:03, Damien Cassou <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 1:47 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> That means you are using a very recent version of Zn, which one ?
>

> everything is described in the ConfigurationOfSmalltalkHub and its
> dependencies. Taken from the latest image built by Jenkins, we have
> what is in the attached screenshot.
>
> --
> Damien Cassou
> http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st
>
> "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without
> losing enthusiasm."
> Winston Churchill
> <zinc-smalltalkhub.png>

Re: [Pharo-dev] [ANN] SmalltalkHub update

Nicolas Petton
I'm simply using compression on the Apache side, then proxying the request to zinc.

Nico

--
Nicolas Petton
http://www.nicolas-petton.fr

On 28 May 2013, at 15:39, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm simply using compression on the Apache side, then proxying the request to zinc.

OK, that is clear. Thanks for the reply.