[Pharo-dev] [DOC] Building and deploying

[Pharo-dev] [DOC] Building and deploying

pdavidow
Very nice, but perhaps in a future tutorial the mode of presentation can
be TDD...

Re: [Pharo-dev] [DOC] Building and deploying

Stephan Eggermont-3
Paul wrote:
>Very nice, but perhaps in a future tutorial the mode of presentation can
>be TDD...

and use a OTAP continuous deployment environment...
Perhaps a second droplet, with a deploy or reject/revert button for
the configurations :) and green and red traffic light of course

Stephan

Re: [Pharo-dev] [DOC] Building and deploying

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

On 15 Jul 2013, at 20:19, Paul Davidowitz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Very nice, but perhaps in a future tutorial the mode of presentation can
> be TDD…

Thanks.

Yes, it would be good if someone wrote a beautiful tutorial with a focus on TDD.

For this subject and this tutorial, the tests are more functional tests than unit tests. I feel that it would be hard to do a web app fully TDD. But who knows, I like to read nice tutorials and learn something new as well ;-)

Sven

On 16 Jul 2013, at 16:39, Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Paul wrote:
>> Very nice, but perhaps in a future tutorial the mode of presentation can
>> be TDD...
>
> and use a OTAP continuous deployment environment...
> Perhaps a second droplet, with a deploy or reject/revert button for
> the configurations :) and green and red traffic light of course
>
> Stephan

Looking forward to it ;-)

Sven

On Jul 16, 2013, at 4:42 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 15 Jul 2013, at 20:19, Paul Davidowitz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Very nice, but perhaps in a future tutorial the mode of presentation can
>> be TDD…
>
> Thanks.
>
> Yes, it would be good if someone wrote a beautiful tutorial with a focus on TDD.
>
> For this subject and this tutorial, the tests are more functional tests than unit tests. I feel that it would be hard to do a web app fully TDD. But who knows, I like to read nice tutorials and learn something new as well ;-)

+1
I know this feeling.