[Pharo-dev] What is a ExclusiveWeakMessageSend?

[Pharo-dev] What is a ExclusiveWeakMessageSend?

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi Gary

We are working with alain on removing all the triggering event facilities from Object and porting it to announcement.
Now I was wondering what is the ExclusiveWeakMessageSend.

Re: [Pharo-dev] What is a ExclusiveWeakMessageSend?

Gary Chambers-4
Hi,
It is used in DiffMorph so that the two text panes have their scrolling
synchronised
without infinite recursion (scroll source pane, dest pane matches (and
exclusive prevents source pane being told to match dest pane etc.)).

Regards, Gary

We are working with alain on removing all the triggering event facilities
from Object and porting it to announcement.
Now I was wondering what is the ExclusiveWeakMessageSend.

Re: [Pharo-dev] What is a ExclusiveWeakMessageSend?

stephane ducasse
thanks
Yes we saw that with alain that it is was used in diff  and I will add a comment soemhwere.

Stef