Pharo help (was About danny help :)

Torsten Bergmann
Hi Danny,

> I am the first to acknowledge that this is your project.

No, no - it is not mine or yours. It is "Pharo Help" and it is
"our" project - that's why the repo is open and the code is MIT!

Didnt you see the ;) behind my statements!

>And I am also the first one to admit that my code is not great

How do you measure the greatness of code? ;)

Dont by shy! You idea and code is a great addition since we can
and will definitely use it. Anything I've said is that I want
to restructure it to align it with my design ideas
(which I was not yet able to fully communicate since I'm in the
midst of changing the original design)

>being a beginner with Smalltalk in the first place, not being a software >developer secondly

Sometimes developers are already too "computer focused" in thinking.
So we need people with a different background and fresh ideas.
Welcome to Smalltalk!

>and playing with software only in my spare time (which will be
>certainly much less in the future, because I just got a brand new >daughter).

Excellent! I have two daughters myself (2 years and a 7 month baby).

>So please see my contributions more as sketches of the functionality that
>might be nice to have in a help system, rather than a real implementation

As I said - it will definitely in the next version in one way or the other.

Thanks
T.

jetzt kostenlos herunterladen! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/chbrowser

Re: Pharo help (was About danny help :)

Danny Chan
Am Samstag, 6. März 2010 10:41:36 schrieb Torsten Bergmann:
> Hi Danny,
>
> > I am the first to acknowledge that this is your project.
>
> No, no - it is not mine or yours. It is "Pharo Help" and it is
> "our" project - that's why the repo is open and the code is MIT!
>
> Didnt you see the ;) behind my statements!

I did, but forgot to add one behind mine;)

> >And I am also the first one to admit that my code is not great
>
> How do you measure the greatness of code? ;)
>
> Dont by shy! You idea and code is a great addition since we can
> and will definitely use it. Anything I've said is that I want
> to restructure it to align it with my design ideas
> (which I was not yet able to fully communicate since I'm in the
> midst of changing the original design)

And I am looking forward to seeing it. OK, need to go back to singing, she's
starting to complain because I stopped while reading email...

Danny