Pharo image don't restart

dario trussardi
Ciao,

i have a Ubuntu system
  where i defined a Pharo 7.0 - 64bit image managed with PharoLauncher.

I work with it for a month and all work fine.

Now after a save the image the system begin unstabled.

When the mouse go on the windows summary bar ( at the bottom of the Pharo window ) the image go down.

The first time i can launch the same image from the PharoLauncher,

but after a new  image save ( the image go down ) i can't relaunch the image.

When i do the launch the pharoLauch shell report:

I have some important work in the image ( and i don't have a backup )

Some consideration?

Thanks,
Dario

errorePharo.txt (11K) Download Attachment

Re: Pharo image don't restart

Ben Coman
You don't mention that you rebooted, so just try that first.

cheers -ben

P.S. Quick summary for others, the error is...
    "no room in eden for allocateSmallNewSpaceSlots:format:classIndex:"

Top of Smalltalk stack dump:
0x7ffeec4c4a88 I ExternalSemaphoreTable class>unprotectedExternalObjects: 0x1d044b0: a(n) ExternalSemaphoreTable class
0x7ffeec4c4ad0 I [] in ExternalSemaphoreTable class>clearExternalObjects 0x1d044b0: a(n) ExternalSemaphoreTable class
0x7ffeec4c4b20 I [] in Semaphore>critical: 0x211ec80: a(n) Semaphore
0x7ffeec4c4b70 I BlockClosure>ensure: 0x165e2d0: a(n) BlockClosure
0x7ffeec4c4bc0 I Semaphore>critical: 0x211ec80: a(n) Semaphore
0x7ffeec4c4c08 I ExternalSemaphoreTable class>clearExternalObjects 0x1d044b0: a(n) ExternalSemaphoreTable class
0x7ffeec4c4c48 I SmalltalkImage>clearExternalObjects 0x1d0a920: a(n) SmalltalkImage
0x7ffeec4c4c88 I WorkingSession>start: 0x165e000: a(n) WorkingSession
0x7ffeec4c4ce0 I SessionManager>launchSnapshot:andQuit: 0x1d70a10: a(n) SessionManager
0xbff6c50 s SessionManager>snapshot:andQuit:
0xc006a18 s [] in SmalltalkImage>snapshot:andQuit:

On Thu, 13 Dec 2018 at 16:26, Trussardi Dario Romano <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ciao,

i have a Ubuntu system
  where i defined a Pharo 7.0 - 64bit image managed with PharoLauncher.

I work with it for a month and all work fine.

Now after a save the image the system begin unstabled.

When the mouse go on the windows summary bar ( at the bottom of the Pharo window ) the image go down.

The first time i can launch the same image from the PharoLauncher,

but after a new  image save ( the image go down ) i can't relaunch the image.

When i do the launch the pharoLauch shell report:

I have some important work in the image ( and i don't have a backup )

Some consideration?

Thanks,
Dario

Re: Pharo image don't restart

dario trussardi
Ciao,

You don't mention that you rebooted, so just try that first.

sorry but I do not understand what you mean.

In any case i rebooted the system. ( restart )

The PharoLauncher  launch command on the Pharo 7.0 -64development image  report the same error.

Thanks,

Dario

[...]

On Thu, 13 Dec 2018 at 18:04, Trussardi Dario Romano <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ciao,
You don't mention that you rebooted, so just try that first.

sorry but I do not understand what you mean.

In any case i rebooted the system. ( restart )

Yes, thats what I meant.  Always the easiest thing to try.

The PharoLauncher  launch command on the Pharo 7.0 -64development image  report the same error.
I have some important work in the image ( and i don't have a backup )

Some consideration?

 I'm not in a position to diagnose the error, but perhaps help you recover your work.
In PharoLauncher, if you right-click on the image you are trying to launch,
then choose "Show in folder" then browse to "pharo-local/ombu-sessions"
and you should see some files.  If you create a fresh image and copy those to the same location there,
the go World menu > Tools > Code Changes and see if you find your work.
Check out the filters. Possibly useful...
* Show only latest changes
* Show only changes in this package

HTH
cheers -ben

Re: Pharo image don't restart

dario trussardi
Ciao,

Ciao,
You don't mention that you rebooted, so just try that first.

sorry but I do not understand what you mean.

In any case i rebooted the system. ( restart )

Yes, thats what I meant.  Always the easiest thing to try.

The PharoLauncher  launch command on the Pharo 7.0 -64development image  report the same error.
I have some important work in the image ( and i don't have a backup )

Some consideration?

 I'm not in a position to diagnose the error, but perhaps help you recover your work.

Can someone help me?

It's very important.....!!!

In PharoLauncher, if you right-click on the image you are trying to launch,
then choose "Show in folder" then browse to "pharo-local/ombu-sessions"
and you should see some files.  If you create a fresh image and copy those to the same location there,
the go World menu > Tools > Code Changes and see if you find your work.
Check out the filters. Possibly useful...
* Show only latest changes
* Show only changes in this package
Thanks.

OK, i see the methods ..... ( i need to understand what i can do with these .....  )

But in the image i  have the  data base with real data...... and ......

Stupidly I lost the version that started with the launcher,

saving it on itself after it began to have problems......

Thanks,

Dario

Re: Pharo image don't restart

demarey

The problem seems to come from: "no room in eden for allocateSmallNewSpaceSlots:format:classIndex:"
Eden is a part of the heap where new objects are allocated.
Basically, it appears that Pharo cannot create objects any more.
You can get information about gc and eden space here: https://clementbera.wordpress.com/2017/03/12/tuning-the-pharo-garbage-collector/

Could you try to run your image in headless mode to see if it starts?
ex:

I would try to start your image with a bigger size for the eden.
Clément recommends to do: Smalltalk vm parameterAt: 45 put: (Smalltalk vm parameterAt: 44) * 4.
but it means you need an image that is started …

You can also set it as an argument to the VM: --eden <size>[mk]

You could try with —eden 15207744 for example:
~/Documents/Pharo/vms/70-x64/Pharo.app/Contents/MacOS/Pharo --eden 15207744 ~/Documents/Pharo/images/Pharo\ 7.0\ -\ 64bit\ \(development\ version\)/Pharo\ 7.0\ -\ 64bit\ \(development\ version\).image

Regards,
Christophe

Le 13 déc. 2018 à 09:25, Trussardi Dario Romano <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Ciao,

i have a Ubuntu system
  where i defined a Pharo 7.0 - 64bit image managed with PharoLauncher.

I work with it for a month and all work fine.

Now after a save the image the system begin unstabled.

When the mouse go on the windows summary bar ( at the bottom of the Pharo window ) the image go down.

The first time i can launch the same image from the PharoLauncher,

but after a new  image save ( the image go down ) i can't relaunch the image.

When i do the launch the pharoLauch shell report:

<errorePharo.txt>

I have some important work in the image ( and i don't have a backup )

Some consideration?

Thanks,
Dario

Re: Pharo image don't restart

dario trussardi
Ciao,

Hi,

[...]

After copy the pharoLauncher entry with the error into
Pharo7.0-64DTRDevErr entry

i do this:

/opt/pharolauncher/pharo-vm$ ./pharo --eden 15207744 /home/party/Pharo/images/Pharo7.0-64DTRDevErr/Pharo7.0-64DTRDevErr.image

the shell report:

pthread_setschedparam failed: Operation not permitted

***** This VM uses a separate heartbeat thread to update its internal clock

and handle events.  For best operation, this thread should run at a
higher priority, however the VM was unable to change the priority.  The
effect is that heavily loaded systems may experience some latency
issues.  If this occurs, please create the appropriate configuration
file in /etc/security/limits.d/ as shown below:

cat <<END | sudo tee /etc/security/limits.d/pharo.conf
*      hard rtprio  2
*      soft rtprio  2
END

and report to the pharo mailing list whether this improves behaviour.

You will need to log out and log back in for the limits to take effect.
For more information please see
...........r3732#linux
Errore di segmentazione (core dump creato)

Any idea  about it?

The ***** message required some action ?

I need to configure some operating system value ?

Thanks,

Dario

P.S. I have to conclude that there is no solution?

Re: Pharo image don't restart

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi All,

On Dec 13, 2018, at 5:40 AM, Christophe Demarey <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

The problem seems to come from: "no room in eden for allocateSmallNewSpaceSlots:format:classIndex:"

Then there should be a crash.dmp file that includes a stack trace.  I’m surprised the VM exists by this path; I would expect  the system to retry the allocation with an old space allocation that should work.

So, Dario, please keep a copy of your image and changes.  And please email me the crash.dmp file.  Create a clean one by deleting it first and then running the system until it fails and exits.  Multiple exits append to the crash.dmp file so it can end up being quite large.

[...]

OK.

From pharoLauncher i launch the corrupt image some time,
the  shell report the issue, but don't create the crash.dmp file.

Thanks,

Dario

[...]

Le 13 déc. 2018 à 17:31, Trussardi Dario Romano <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Ciao,

Hi,

[...]

So you have a segmentation fault. It means the image tries to access a memory address outside the memory range of its process.
using gdb on the core dump could help to have more clues: https://www.cprogramming.com/debugging/segfaults.html
Do you also have a segmentation fault if you run the image without the eden parameter?

The ***** message required some action ?

this message is just a warning. If you want to avoid it, just execute this as root:
cat <<END | sudo tee /etc/security/limits.d/pharo.conf
*      hard rtprio  2
*      soft rtprio  2
END

P.S. I have to conclude that there is no solution?

For now, it is too early to have a conclusion because we do not know what caused the crash.
As Eliot said, it could be useful to get the crash.dmp file and the PharoDebug.log file.

Re: Pharo image don't restart

dario trussardi
Ciao,

[...]

Tomorrow i investigate about it.

Do you also have a segmentation fault if you run the image without the eden parameter?

No without eden parameter the system report the basic error

The ***** message required some action ?

this message is just a warning. If you want to avoid it, just execute this as root:
cat <<END | sudo tee /etc/security/limits.d/pharo.conf
*      hard rtprio  2
*      soft rtprio  2
END

P.S. I have to conclude that there is no solution?

For now, it is too early to have a conclusion because we do not know what caused the crash.
As Eliot said, it could be useful to get the crash.dmp file and the PharoDebug.log file.

The  crash.dmp  is not create.

( If i right do the command to create it :

From pharoLauncher i launch the corrupt image some time,
the  shell report the issue, but don't create the crash.dmp file).

For PharoDebug.log  i'm not in office, I'll check tomorrow.

Thanks,
Dario

errorePharo.txt (11K) Download Attachment

Re: Pharo image don't restart

dario trussardi
The PharoDebug.log.

You can view it?

Dario  ................................................

Questo messaggio contiene i seguenti allegati:

  • PharoDebug.log[15.24 MB]

Dimensioni totali dei file inviati:15.24 MB

Per scaricarli fai click sul link seguente: Scarica

Allega Maxi è il servizio di Tiscali WebMail che permette di allegare file, fino a 2GB, senza problemi di superamento dei limiti delle normali caselle e-mail.

Ti ricordiamo che questo link sara' valido fino al giorno 17/12/2018

Con OpenStar hai Giga, SMS e i minuti che vuoi da 4,99€ al mese, per sempre. Cambi gratis quando e come vuoi e in più hai 10€ di credito omaggio e 6 mesi di INFINTY! http://tisca.li/myopen

Re: Pharo image don't restart

dario trussardi
Some consideration:

At 12 December:

I work all day with the image.

at: 19:xx  I save the image without any problem.

But after saved the image the system begin
unstable.

When the mouse go on the windows summary bar ( at the bottom of the Pharo window ) the image crash.

Some time i can launch - relaunch the same image from the PharoLauncher ( the pharo run but was unstable )

at: 19:45 After reload the unstable image ( as mentioned above )

i do the save command
saving it on itself )
and the system crash.

After this crash ( when i do the image save command ),

i have not been able to launch the image. I do not know the status of this image ( I call this
corrupt
image )

At 13 December:

A)
From pharoLauncher i launch the corrupt image some time,

the  shell report the issue,

but don't create the crash.dmp file.

B)
After copy the pharoLauncher corrupt image into
[...]

C) i have a PharoDebug.log but has the size of 16MB.

How can I send it to you?

This is the status of the problematic.

Le 14 déc. 2018 à 12:41, Trussardi Dario Romano <[hidden email]> a écrit :

[...]

From pharoLauncher i launch the corrupt image some time,

the  shell report the issue,
<errorePharo.txt>

[...]

you can try something like https://wetransfer.com

Re: Pharo image don't restart

dario trussardi

...........r3732#linux
Errore di segmentazione (core dump creato)

C) i have a PharoDebug.log but has the size of 16MB.

How can I send it to you?

you can try something like https://wetransfer.com

can you download the PharoDebug.log

from link into my previous email?

The PharoDebug.log.

You can view it?

Dario  ................................................

Questo messaggio contiene i seguenti allegati:

      • PharoDebug.log[15.24 MB]

Dimensioni totali dei file inviati:15.24 MB

Ciao,

Dario

Re: Pharo image don't restart

demarey
I did not notice the link in the previous link. I got the PharoDebug.log file.
It is very big because there are a lot of traces there.

The last one is the following.
Does it correspond to your crash?
To be sure, you could rename this file and try to run again your image to see if we have logs.

—————————————
THERE_BE_DRAGONS_HERE
Halt
12 December 2018 6:47:50.168135 pm

VM: unix - x86_64 - linux-gnu - CoInterpreter VMMaker.oscog-eem.2401 uuid: 29232e0e-c9e3-41d8-ae75-519db862e02c Jun 28 2018
StackToRegisterMappingCogit VMMaker.oscog-eem.2401 uuid: 29232e0e-c9e3-41d8-ae75-519db862e02c Jun 28 2018
VM: 201806281256 https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm.git Date: Thu Jun 28 14:56:30 2018 CommitHash: a8a1dc1 Plugins: 201806281256 https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm.git

Image: Pharo7.0.0alpha [Build information: Pharo-7.0.0+alpha.build.1271.sha.7e89f61c1e268f08b871d6c9bf4c64536cca6c32 (64 Bit)]

MATimedIvaModel(Object)>>halt
Receiver: a MATimedIvaModel : 1 August 2014
Arguments and temporary variables:

Receiver's instance variables:
data: 1 August 2014
bloccato: true
aliquotaIva: 20
symbolIva: '20'

MATimedIvaModel(MATimedInstanceModel)>>blockAtData
Receiver: a MATimedIvaModel : 1 August 2014
Arguments and temporary variables:

Receiver's instance variables:
data: 1 August 2014
bloccato: true
aliquotaIva: 20
symbolIva: '20'

MASelectorAccessor>>read:
Receiver: (MASelectorAccessor read: #blockAtData write: #blockAtData:)
Arguments and temporary variables:
aModel: a MATimedIvaModel : 1 August 2014
Receiver's instance variables:
properties: nil
readSelector: #blockAtData
writeSelector: #blockAtData:

MADescribedColumn(MAColumn)>>valueFor:
Receiver: a MADescribedColumn
Arguments and temporary variables:
aRow: a MATimedIvaModel : 1 August 2014
Receiver's instance variables:
properties: a Dictionary()
report: a MAReport
accessor: (MASelectorAccessor read: #blockAtData write: #blockAtData:)

MADescribedColumn>>valueFor:
Receiver: a MADescribedColumn
Arguments and temporary variables:
aRow: a MATimedIvaModel : 1 August 2014
Receiver's instance variables:
properties: a Dictionary()
report: a MAReport
accessor: (MASelectorAccessor read: #blockAtData write: #blockAtData:)

MADescribedColumn(MAColumn)>>renderCellContent:on:
Receiver: a MADescribedColumn
Arguments and temporary variables:
anObject: a MATimedIvaModel : 1 August 2014
html: a WAHtmlCanvas
Receiver's instance variables:
properties: a Dictionary()
report: a MAReport
accessor: (MASelectorAccessor read: #blockAtData write: #blockAtData:)

MessageSend>>valueWithEnoughArguments:
Receiver: MessageSend(#renderCellContent:on: -> a MADescribedColumn)
Arguments and temporary variables:
anArray: an Array(a MATimedIvaModel : 1 August 2014 a WAHtmlCanvas 7)
args: an Array(a MATimedIvaModel : 1 August 2014 a WAHtmlCanvas)
Receiver's instance variables:
receiver: a MADescribedColumn
selector: #renderCellContent:on:
arguments: #()

[ self renderer
valueWithEnoughArguments: (Array with: anObject with: html with: anInteger) ] in MADescribedColumn(MAColumn)>>renderCell:index:on:
Receiver: a MADescribedColumn
Arguments and temporary variables:
anObject: a MATimedIvaModel : 1 August 2014
anInteger: 7
html: a WAHtmlCanvas
Receiver's instance variables:
properties: a Dictionary()
report: a MAReport
accessor: (MASelectorAccessor read: #blockAtData write: #blockAtData:)

BlockClosure>>renderOn:
Receiver: [ self renderer
valueWithEnoughArguments: (Array with: anObject with: html with: anIntege...etc...
Arguments and temporary variables:
aRenderer: a WAHtmlCanvas
Receiver's instance variables:
outerContext: MADescribedColumn(MAColumn)>>renderCell:index:on:
startpc: 103
numArgs: 0

WAHtmlCanvas(WARenderer)>>render:
Receiver: a WAHtmlCanvas
Arguments and temporary variables:
anObject: [ self renderer
valueWithEnoughArguments: (Array with: anObject with...etc...
Receiver's instance variables:
context: a WARenderContext
lastId: nil
currentBrush: nil
parentBrush: a WATableDataTag

WAHtmlCanvas(WACanvas)>>render:
Receiver: a WAHtmlCanvas
Arguments and temporary variables:
anObject: [ self renderer
valueWithEnoughArguments: (Array with: anObject with...etc...
Receiver's instance variables:
context: a WARenderContext
lastId: nil
currentBrush: nil
parentBrush: a WATableDataTag

[ self before.
canvas render: anObject.
self after ] in WATableDataTag(WATagBrush)>>with:
Receiver: a WATableDataTag
Arguments and temporary variables:
anObject: [ self renderer
valueWithEnoughArguments: (Array with: anObject with...etc...
Receiver's instance variables:
canvas: a WAHtmlCanvas
parent: a WAGenericTag
closed: false
attributes: a WAHtmlAttributes('class'->'textCenter required')

BlockClosure>>renderOn:
Receiver: [ self before.
canvas render: anObject.
self after ]
Arguments and temporary variables:
aRenderer: a WAHtmlCanvas
Receiver's instance variables:
outerContext: WATableDataTag(WATagBrush)>>with:
startpc: 98
numArgs: 0

WAHtmlCanvas(WARenderer)>>render:
Receiver: a WAHtmlCanvas
Arguments and temporary variables:
anObject: [ self before.
canvas render: anObject.
self after ]
Receiver's instance variables:
context: a WARenderContext
lastId: nil
currentBrush: nil
parentBrush: a WATableDataTag

WAHtmlCanvas(WACanvas)>>render:
Receiver: a WAHtmlCanvas
Arguments and temporary variables:
anObject: [ self before.
canvas render: anObject.
self after ]
Receiver's instance variables:
context: a WARenderContext
lastId: nil
currentBrush: nil
parentBrush: a WATableDataTag

WAHtmlCanvas(WACanvas)>>nest:
Receiver: a WAHtmlCanvas
Arguments and temporary variables:
aBlock: [ self before.
canvas render: anObject.
self after ]
Receiver's instance variables:
context: a WARenderContext
lastId: nil
currentBrush: nil
parentBrush: a WATableDataTag

WATableDataTag(WABrush)>>with:
Receiver: a WATableDataTag
[...]

[ :col | col renderCell: row index: index on: html ] in [ self visibleColumns
do:
[ :col | col renderCell: row index: index on: html ] ] in [ :index :row |
html tableRow
class: (self rowStyleForNumber: index);
with: [ self visibleColumns
do:
[ :col | col renderCell: row index: index on: html ] ] ] in MAReport>>renderTableBodyOn:
Receiver: a MAReport
Arguments and temporary variables:
html: a WAHtmlCanvas
index: 7
row: a MATimedIvaModel : 1 August 2014
col: a MADescribedColumn
Receiver's instance variables:
decoration: a WAValueHolder contents: a MAReport
rows: a SortedCollection(a MATimedIvaModel : 18 December 2018 a MATimedIvaModel...etc...
cache: an Array(a MATimedIvaModel : 18 December 2018 a MATimedIvaModel : 13 Dec...etc...
columns: an Array(a MADescribedColumn a MADescribedColumn a MADescribedColumn a...etc...
properties: a Dictionary(#sortEnabled->true )
backtracked: a Dictionary(#batchPage->1 )

Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
Receiver: an Array(a MADescribedColumn a MADescribedColumn a MADescribedColumn a MADescribedColumn a...etc...
Arguments and temporary variables:
aBlock: [ :col | col renderCell: row index: index on: html ]
index: 2
[...]

Receiver: [ self visibleColumns
do:
[ :col | col renderCell: row index: index on: html ] ]
Arguments and temporary variables:
aRenderer: a WAHtmlCanvas
Receiver's instance variables:
outerContext: [ :index :row |
html tableRow
class: (self rowStyleForNumber: i...etc...
startpc: 191
numArgs: 0

WAHtmlCanvas(WARenderer)>>render:
Receiver: a WAHtmlCanvas
Arguments and temporary variables:
anObject: [ self visibleColumns
do:
[ :col | col renderCell: row index: inde...etc...
Receiver's instance variables:
context: a WARenderContext
lastId: nil
currentBrush: nil
parentBrush: a WATableDataTag

WAHtmlCanvas(WACanvas)>>render:
Receiver: a WAHtmlCanvas
Arguments and temporary variables:
anObject: [ self visibleColumns
do:
[ :col | col renderCell: row index: inde...etc...
Receiver's instance variables:
context: a WARenderContext
lastId: nil
currentBrush: nil
parentBrush: a WATableDataTag

[ self before.
canvas render: anObject.
self after ] in WAGenericTag(WATagBrush)>>with:
Receiver: a WAGenericTag
Arguments and temporary variables:
anObject: [ self visibleColumns
do:
[ :col | col renderCell: row index: inde...etc...
Receiver's instance variables:
canvas: a WAHtmlCanvas
parent: a WAGenericTag
closed: false
attributes: a WAHtmlAttributes('class'->'odd')
tag: 'tr'

BlockClosure>>renderOn:
Receiver: [ self before.
canvas render: anObject.
self after ]
Arguments and temporary variables:
aRenderer: a WAHtmlCanvas
Receiver's instance variables:
outerContext: WAGenericTag(WATagBrush)>>with:
[...]

WAGenericTag(WABrush)>>with:
Receiver: a WAGenericTag
[...]

Array(SequenceableCollection)>>keysAndValuesDo:
Receiver: an Array(a MATimedIvaModel : 18 December 2018 a MATimedIvaModel : 13 December 2018 a MATim...etc...
Arguments and temporary variables:
aBlock: [ :index :row |
html tableRow
class: (self rowStyleForNumber: index);...etc...
index: 7
Receiver's instance variables:
an Array(a MATimedIvaModel : 18 December 2018 a MATimedIvaModel : 13 December 2018 a MATim...etc...

MAReport>>renderTableBodyOn:
Receiver: a MAReport
Arguments and temporary variables:
html: a WAHtmlCanvas
Receiver's instance variables:
decoration: a WAValueHolder contents: a MAReport
rows: a SortedCollection(a MATimedIvaModel : 18 December 2018 a MATimedIvaModel...etc...
cache: an Array(a MATimedIvaModel : 18 December 2018 a MATimedIvaModel : 13 Dec...etc...
columns: an Array(a MADescribedColumn a MADescribedColumn a MADescribedColumn a...etc...
properties: a Dictionary(#sortEnabled->true )
backtracked: a Dictionary(#batchPage->1 )

[ self showBody
ifTrue: [ self renderTableBodyOn: html ] ] in MAReport>>renderTableOn:
Receiver: a MAReport
Arguments and temporary variables:
html: a WAHtmlCanvas
Receiver's instance variables:
decoration: a WAValueHolder contents: a MAReport
rows: a SortedCollection(a MATimedIvaModel : 18 December 2018 a MATimedIvaModel...etc...
cache: an Array(a MATimedIvaModel : 18 December 2018 a MATimedIvaModel : 13 Dec...etc...
columns: an Array(a MADescribedColumn a MADescribedColumn a MADescribedColumn a...etc...
properties: a Dictionary(#sortEnabled->true )
backtracked: a Dictionary(#batchPage->1 )

BlockClosure>>renderOn:
Receiver: [ self showBody
ifTrue: [ self renderTableBodyOn: html ] ]
Arguments and temporary variables:
aRenderer: a WAHtmlCanvas
Receiver's instance variables:
outerContext: MAReport>>renderTableOn:
startpc: 275
numArgs: 0

WAHtmlCanvas(WARenderer)>>render:
Receiver: a WAHtmlCanvas
Arguments and temporary variables:
anObject: [ self showBody
ifTrue: [ self renderTableBodyOn: html ] ]
Receiver's instance variables:
context: a WARenderContext
lastId: nil
currentBrush: nil
parentBrush: a WATableDataTag

WAHtmlCanvas(WACanvas)>>render:
Receiver: a WAHtmlCanvas
Arguments and temporary variables:
anObject: [ self showBody
ifTrue: [ self renderTableBodyOn: html ] ]
Receiver's instance variables:
context: a WARenderContext
lastId: nil
currentBrush: nil
parentBrush: a WATableDataTag

--- The full stack ---
 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[ self before.
canvas render: anObject.
self after ] in WAGenericTag(WATagBrush)>>with:
BlockClosure>>renderOn:
WAHtmlCanvas(WARenderer)>>render:
WAHtmlCanvas(WACanvas)>>render:
WAHtmlCanvas(WACanvas)>>nest:
WAGenericTag(WABrush)>>with:
WAGenericTag(WATagBrush)>>with:
WAHtmlCanvas>>tableBody:
MAReport>>renderTableOn:
[ self renderTableOn: html ] in MAReport>>renderContentOn:
BlockClosure>>renderOn:
WAHtmlCanvas(WARenderer)>>render:
WAHtmlCanvas(WACanvas)>>render:
[ self before.
canvas render: anObject.
self after ] in WATableTag(WATagBrush)>>with:
BlockClosure>>renderOn:
WAHtmlCanvas(WARenderer)>>render:
WAHtmlCanvas(WACanvas)>>render:
WAHtmlCanvas(WACanvas)>>nest:
WATableTag(WABrush)>>with:
WATableTag(WATagBrush)>>with:
MAReport>>renderContentOn:
WARenderVisitor>>visitPainter:
WARenderVisitor(WAPainterVisitor)>>visitPresenter:
WARenderVisitor(WAPainterVisitor)>>visitComponent:
MAReport(WAComponent)>>accept:
WARenderVisitor(WAVisitor)>>visit:
WARenderingGuide(WAPresenterGuide)>>visitPainter:
WARenderingGuide(WAPainterVisitor)>>visitPresenter:
WARenderingGuide(WAPainterVisitor)>>visitComponent:
MAReport(WAComponent)>>accept:
WARenderingGuide(WAPainterVisitor)>>visitDecorationsOfComponent:
MAReport(WAComponent)>>acceptDecorated:
WARenderingGuide(WAPresenterGuide)>>visit:
MAReport(WAPainter)>>renderWithContext:
MAReport(WAPainter)>>renderOn:
WAHtmlCanvas(WARenderer)>>render:
WAHtmlCanvas(WACanvas)>>render:
MAOneToManyComponent>>renderViewerOn:
MAOneToManyComponent>>renderEditorOn:
MAOneToManyComponent(MAElementComponent)>>renderContentOn:
WARenderVisitor>>visitPainter:
WARenderVisitor(WAPainterVisitor)>>visitPresenter:
WARenderVisitor(WAPainterVisitor)>>visitComponent:
MAOneToManyComponent(WAComponent)>>accept:
WARenderVisitor(WAVisitor)>>visit:
WARenderingGuide(WAPresenterGuide)>>visitPainter:
WARenderingGuide(WAPainterVisitor)>>visitPresenter:
WARenderingGuide(WAPainterVisitor)>>visitComponent:
MAOneToManyComponent(WAComponent)>>accept:
WARenderingGuide(WAPainterVisitor)>>visitDecorationsOfComponent:
MAOneToManyComponent(WAComponent)>>acceptDecorated:
WARenderingGuide(WAPresenterGuide)>>visit:
MAOneToManyComponent(WAPainter)>>renderWithContext:
MAOneToManyComponent(WAPainter)>>renderOn:
WAHtmlCanvas(WARenderer)>>render:
WAHtmlCanvas(WACanvas)>>render:
MATableRenderer(MAComponentRenderer)>>basicRenderControl:
[ self basicRenderControl: aDescription ] in MATableRenderer>>renderControl:
BlockClosure>>renderOn:
WAHtmlCanvas(WARenderer)>>render:
WAHtmlCanvas(WACanvas)>>render:
[ self before.
canvas render: anObject.
self after ] in WATableDataTag(WATagBrush)>>with:
BlockClosure>>renderOn:
WAHtmlCanvas(WARenderer)>>render:
WAHtmlCanvas(WACanvas)>>render:
WAHtmlCanvas(WACanvas)>>nest:
WATableDataTag(WABrush)>>with:
WATableDataTag(WATagBrush)>>with:
MATableRenderer>>renderControl:
MATableRenderer>>renderElementRow:
[ self renderElementRow: aDescription ] in MATableRenderer>>renderElement:
BlockClosure>>renderOn:
WAHtmlCanvas(WARenderer)>>render:
WAHtmlCanvas(WACanvas)>>render:
[ self before.
canvas render: anObject.
self after ] in WAGenericTag(WATagBrush)>>with:
BlockClosure>>renderOn:
WAHtmlCanvas(WARenderer)>>render:
WAHtmlCanvas(WACanvas)>>render:
WAHtmlCanvas(WACanvas)>>nest:
WAGenericTag(WABrush)>>with:
WAGenericTag(WATagBrush)>>with:
WAHtmlCanvas>>tableRow:
MATableRenderer>>renderElement:
MATableRenderer(MAComponentRenderer)>>visitElementDescription:
MATableRenderer(MAVisitor)>>visitReferenceDescription:
MATableRenderer(MAVisitor)>>visitRelationDescription:
MATableRenderer(MAVisitor)>>visitToManyRelationDescription:
MAToManyRelationDescription>>acceptMagritte:
MATableRenderer(MAVisitor)>>visit:
[ :each | self visit: each ] in MATableRenderer(MAVisitor)>>visitAll:
SortedCollection(OrderedCollection)>>do:
MAPriorityContainer(MAContainer)>>do:
MATableRenderer(MAVisitor)>>visitAll:
MATableRenderer(MAComponentRenderer)>>renderContainer:
[ super renderContainer: aDescription ] in MATableRenderer>>renderContainer:
BlockClosure>>renderOn:
WAHtmlCanvas(WARenderer)>>render:
WAHtmlCanvas(WACanvas)>>render:
[ self before.
canvas render: anObject.
self after ] in WATableTag(WATagBrush)>>with:
BlockClosure>>renderOn:
WAHtmlCanvas(WARenderer)>>render:
WAHtmlCanvas(WACanvas)>>render:
WAHtmlCanvas(WACanvas)>>nest:
WATableTag(WABrush)>>with:
WATableTag(WATagBrush)>>with:
MATableRenderer>>renderContainer:
MATableRenderer(MAComponentRenderer)>>visitContainer:
MATableRenderer(MAVisitor)>>visitPriorityContainer:
MAPriorityContainer>>acceptMagritte:
MATableRenderer(MAVisitor)>>visit:
MATableRenderer(MAComponentRenderer)>>component:on:
MATableRenderer class(MAComponentRenderer class)>>component:on:
MAContainerComponent>>renderContentOn:
WARenderVisitor>>visitPainter:
WARenderVisitor(WAPainterVisitor)>>visitPresenter:
WARenderVisitor(WAPainterVisitor)>>visitComponent:
MAContainerComponent(WAComponent)>>accept:
WARenderVisitor(WAVisitor)>>visit:
WARenderingGuide(WAPresenterGuide)>>visitPainter:
WARenderingGuide(WAPainterVisitor)>>visitPresenter:
WARenderingGuide(WAPainterVisitor)>>visitComponent:
MAContainerComponent(WAComponent)>>accept:
MAContainerComponent(WAPresenter)>>renderUndecoratedWithContext:
MAFormDecoration(WADecoration)>>renderNextOn:
MAFormDecoration(WADecoration)>>renderContentOn:
[ super renderContentOn: html.
self renderButtonsOn: html ] in MAFormDecoration(MAContainerDecoration)>>renderContentOn:
BlockClosure>>renderOn:
WAHtmlCanvas(WARenderer)>>render:
WAHtmlCanvas(WACanvas)>>render:
[ self before.
canvas render: anObject.
self after ] in WAFormTag(WATagBrush)>>with:
BlockClosure>>renderOn:
WAHtmlCanvas(WARenderer)>>render:
WAHtmlCanvas(WACanvas)>>render:
WAHtmlCanvas(WACanvas)>>nest:
WAFormTag(WABrush)>>with:
WAFormTag(WATagBrush)>>with:
MAFormDecoration(MAContainerDecoration)>>renderContentOn:
WARenderVisitor>>visitPainter:
WARenderVisitor(WAPainterVisitor)>>visitPresenter:
WARenderVisitor(WAPainterVisitor)>>visitDecoration:
MAFormDecoration(WADecoration)>>accept:
WARenderVisitor(WAVisitor)>>visit:
WARenderingGuide(WAPresenterGuide)>>visitPainter:
WARenderingGuide(WAPainterVisitor)>>visitPresenter:
WARenderingGuide(WAPainterVisitor)>>visitDecoration:
MAFormDecoration(WADecoration)>>accept:
MAFormDecoration(WAPresenter)>>renderUndecoratedWithContext:
MAValidationDecoration(WADecoration)>>renderNextOn:
MAValidationDecoration(WADecoration)>>renderContentOn:
MAValidationDecoration>>renderContentOn:
WARenderVisitor>>visitPainter:
WARenderVisitor(WAPainterVisitor)>>visitPresenter:
WARenderVisitor(WAPainterVisitor)>>visitDecoration:
MAValidationDecoration(WADecoration)>>accept:
WARenderVisitor(WAVisitor)>>visit:
WARenderingGuide(WAPresenterGuide)>>visitPainter:
WARenderingGuide(WAPainterVisitor)>>visitPresenter:
WARenderingGuide(WAPainterVisitor)>>visitDecoration:
MAValidationDecoration(WADecoration)>>accept:
MAValidationDecoration(WAPresenter)>>renderUndecoratedWithContext:
WAMessageDecoration(WADecoration)>>renderNextOn:
WAMessageDecoration>>renderContentOn:
-- and more not shown ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

—————————————

Le 14 déc. 2018 à 14:05, Trussardi Dario Romano <[hidden email]> a écrit :

...........r3732#linux
Errore di segmentazione (core dump creato)

C) i have a PharoDebug.log but has the size of 16MB.

How can I send it to you?

you can try something like https://wetransfer.com

can you download the PharoDebug.log

from link into my previous email?

The PharoDebug.log.

You can view it?

Dario  ................................................

Questo messaggio contiene i seguenti allegati:

      • PharoDebug.log[15.24 MB]

Dimensioni totali dei file inviati:15.24 MB

Ciao,

Dario

Re: Pharo image don't restart

dario trussardi
Ciao,

I did not notice the link in the previous link. I got the PharoDebug.log file.
It is very big because there are a lot of traces there.

The last one is the following.
Does it correspond to your crash?

Yes,  12 December 2018 6:47.......... 6:xxx

it's the time when I started having problems

To be sure, you could rename this file and try to run again your image to see if we have logs.

OK.

I rename the file.

When i Launch the corrupt image the system don't create the new PharoDebug.log

As this point ( but maybe it happened even before )
when from PharoLauncher on the corrupt image

 i select the Show in folder menu option

the shell report:

(nautilus:17273): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_dbus_interface_skeleton_unexport: assertion 'interface_->priv->connections != NULL' failed

(nautilus:17273): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_dbus_interface_skeleton_unexport: assertion 'interface_->priv->connections != NULL' failed

(nautilus:17273): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_icon_theme_get_for_screen: assertion 'GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed

(nautilus:17273): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid (NULL) pointer instance

(nautilus:17273): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_signal_connect_object: assertion 'G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed

Thanks,

Dario

P.S. In the /etc/sysctl.conf i add this entry ( can they somehow interfere? )
kernel.shmmax=6442450944
kernel.shmall=1572864

Re: Pharo image don't restart

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Dario,

    if you look at the end of the PharoDebug.log you will see:

Most recent primitives
doesNotUnderstand:
doesNotUnderstand:
doesNotUnderstand:
doesNotUnderstand:
doesNotUnderstand:
doesNotUnderstand:
doesNotUnderstand:
doesNotUnderstand:
doesNotUnderstand:
doesNotUnderstand:
doesNotUnderstand:
doesNotUnderstand:
doesNotUnderstand:
doesNotUnderstand:
doesNotUnderstand:
doesNotUnderstand:
doesNotUnderstand:
doesNotUnderstand:
doesNotUnderstand:
doesNotUnderstand:

So you have a recursive doesNotUnderstand: error and the system is running out of memory.  The questions are where and why?  You can try and debug this further by running the VM with --trace=259, e.g.

pharo-vm/pharo --trace=259 my image.image

This will produce lots of output, eventually ending in an endless stream of doesNotUnderstand:'s.  So capture the first few megabytes of output (see e.g. head(1) ($ man head))

FYI
"traceFlags is a set of flags.
1 => print trace (if something below is selected)
2 => trace sends
4 => trace block activations
8 => trace interpreter primitives
16 => trace events (context switches, GCs, etc)
32 => trace stack overflow
64 => send breakpoint on implicit receiver (Newspeak VM only)
128 => check stack depth on send (simulation only)
256 => trace linked sends "

Alternatively you could use a debugger such as gdb and I can tell you how to put a breakpoint on doesNotUnderstand:

On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 3:42 AM Trussardi Dario Romano <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

From pharoLauncher i launch the corrupt image some time,

_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

Re: Pharo image don't restart

dario trussardi
Ciao Eliot,

[...]

I do this command:

party@party001:/opt/pharolauncher/pharo-vm$ ./pharo --trace=259 /home/party/Pharo/images/Pharo7.0-64DTRDevErr/Pharo7.0-64DTRDevErr.image

This is the output:

pthread_setschedparam failed: Operation not permitted
This VM uses a separate heartbeat thread to update its internal clock
and handle events.  For best operation, this thread should run at a
higher priority, however the VM was unable to change the priority.  The
effect is that heavily loaded systems may experience some latency
issues.  If this occurs, please create the appropriate configuration
file in /etc/security/limits.d/ as shown below:

cat <<END | sudo tee /etc/security/limits.d/pharo.conf
*      hard rtprio  2
*      soft rtprio  2
END

and report to the pharo mailing list whether this improves behaviour.

You will need to log out and log back in for the limits to take effect.
For more information please see
SessionManager>installNewSession
SessionManager>newSession
WorkingSession class(Behavior)>new
WorkingSession class(Behavior)>basicNew
WorkingSession>initialize
Object(ProtoObject)>initialize
OrderedCollection class>new
OrderedCollection class>new:
OrderedCollection class(Behavior)>basicNew
OrderedCollection class>arrayType
Array class>new:
OrderedCollection>setCollection:
OrderedCollection>reset
OrderedCollection>resetTo:
DateAndTime class>now
DateAndTime class>clock
Time class>microsecondClockValue
Time class>primUTCMicrosecondsClock
SmallInteger>*
Integer>*
SmallInteger(Integer)>isInteger
SmallInteger(Number)>negative
SmallInteger(Number)>negative
SmallInteger(Integer)>digitMultiply:neg:
DateAndTime class(Behavior)>basicNew
DateAndTime class>localOffset
DateAndTime class>localTimeZone
LocalTimeZone>offset
LocalTimeZone>primOffset
SmallInteger(Number)>minutes
Duration class>minutes:
Duration class>seconds:nanoSeconds:
Duration class(Behavior)>basicNew
SmallInteger(Integer)>truncated
SmallInteger(Number)>fractionPart
SmallInteger(Number)>integerPart
SmallInteger(Integer)>truncated
Duration>seconds:nanoSeconds:
SmallInteger(Integer)>rounded
DateAndTime>setJdn:seconds:nano:offset:
DateAndTime>normalizeSecondsAndNanos
SmallInteger><=
Integer><=
LargePositiveInteger(Integer)>isInteger
SmallInteger(Number)>negative
LargePositiveInteger>negative
SmallInteger(Number)>negative
SmallInteger><
SmallInteger(Integer)>digitCompare:
LargePositiveInteger(LargeInteger)>//
LargePositiveInteger(LargeInteger)>\\
WorkingSession>manager:
SessionManager>installSession:
SessionManager>currentSession
WorkingSession>start:
SmalltalkImage>vm
VirtualMachine>setGCParameters
VirtualMachine>edenSpaceSize
VirtualMachine>parameterAt:
VirtualMachine>wordSize
SmallFloat64(Float)>rounded
SmallFloat64>fractionPart
SmallFloat64(Float)>abs
SmallFloat64>truncated
VirtualMachine>tenuringThreshold:
VirtualMachine>parameterAt:put:
SmalltalkImage>clearExternalObjects
ExternalSemaphoreTable class>clearExternalObjects
Semaphore>critical:
BlockClosure>ensure:
BlockClosure>valueNoContextSwitch
Semaphore>wait
Array class(ArrayedCollection class)>new
Array class>new:
ExternalSemaphoreTable class>unprotectedExternalObjects:
SmalltalkImage>specialObjectsArray
Array(Object)>at:put:

no room in eden for allocateSmallNewSpaceSlots:format:classIndex:

/opt/pharolauncher/pharo-vm/lib/pharo/5.0-201805090836/pharo
Pharo VM version: 5.0-201805090836  Wed May 9 08:54:40 UTC 2018 gcc 4.8 [Production Spur 64-bit VM]
Built from: CoInterpreter VMMaker.oscog-eem.2380 uuid: c76d37e1-445c-4e34-9796-fc836dfd50c9 May  9 2018
With: StackToRegisterMappingCogit VMMaker.oscog-eem.2380 uuid: c76d37e1-445c-4e34-9796-fc836dfd50c9 May  9 2018
Date: Wed May 9 10:36:12 2018 CommitHash: 334be97
Build host: Linux travis-job-5ab63a26-b2a8-4841-93ff-7aa5dc4e571e 4.4.0-101-generic #124~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Nov 10 19:05:36 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
plugin path: ./lib/pharo/5.0-201805090836 [default: /opt/pharolauncher/pharo-vm/lib/pharo/5.0-201805090836/]

C stack backtrace & registers:
*./lib/pharo/5.0-201805090836/pharo[0x41b0c5]
./lib/pharo/5.0-201805090836/pharo(error+0xf)[0x41c7af]
./lib/pharo/5.0-201805090836/pharo[0x432afc]
./lib/pharo/5.0-201805090836/pharo[0x43f6b3]
./lib/pharo/5.0-201805090836/pharo[0x4485bf]
./lib/pharo/5.0-201805090836/pharo[0x45aee1]
./lib/pharo/5.0-201805090836/pharo[0x45a217]
./lib/pharo/5.0-201805090836/pharo[0x45aee6]
[...]
[0x21e78c0]

Smalltalk stack dump:
   0x7ffdf8a345f8 I ExternalSemaphoreTable class>unprotectedExternalObjects: 0x22044b0: a(n) ExternalSemaphoreTable class
   0x7ffdf8a34640 I [] in ExternalSemaphoreTable class>clearExternalObjects 0x22044b0: a(n) ExternalSemaphoreTable class
   0x7ffdf8a34690 I [] in Semaphore>critical: 0x261ec80: a(n) Semaphore
   0x7ffdf8a346e0 I BlockClosure>ensure: 0x1b5e2d0: a(n) BlockClosure
   0x7ffdf8a34730 I Semaphore>critical: 0x261ec80: a(n) Semaphore
   0x7ffdf8a34778 I ExternalSemaphoreTable class>clearExternalObjects 0x22044b0: a(n) ExternalSemaphoreTable class
   0x7ffdf8a347b8 I SmalltalkImage>clearExternalObjects 0x220a920: a(n) SmalltalkImage
   0x7ffdf8a347f8 I WorkingSession>start: 0x1b5e000: a(n) WorkingSession
   0x7ffdf8a34850 I SessionManager>launchSnapshot:andQuit: 0x2270a10: a(n) SessionManager
        0xc4f6c50 s SessionManager>snapshot:andQuit:
        0xc506a18 s [] in SmalltalkImage>snapshot:andQuit:
        0xc515188 s CurrentExecutionEnvironment class>activate:for:
        0xc51b590 s DefaultExecutionEnvironment(ExecutionEnvironment)>beActiveDuring:
        0xc5322e0 s DefaultExecutionEnvironment class>beActiveDuring:
        0xc51b648 s SmalltalkImage>snapshot:andQuit:
        0xc532398 s [] in WorldState class>saveSession
        0xc53a310 s BlockClosure>ensure:
        0xc552b18 s CursorWithMask(Cursor)>showWhile:
        0xc552bf8 s WorldState class>saveSession
        0xc55a110 s [] in ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>invokeWithEvent:
        0xc571550 s BlockClosure>ensure:
        0xc571ee8 s CursorWithMask(Cursor)>showWhile:
        0xc571fc8 s ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>invokeWithEvent:
        0xc572420 s ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>mouseUp:
        0xc572590 s ToggleMenuItemMorph(MenuItemMorph)>handleMouseUp:
        0xc572648 s MouseButtonEvent>sentTo:
        0xc572700 s ToggleMenuItemMorph(Morph)>handleEvent:
        0xc5727b8 s MorphicEventDispatcher>dispatchDefault:with:
        0xc572870 s MorphicEventDispatcher>handleMouseUp:
        0xc572928 s MouseButtonEvent>sentTo:
        0xc5729e0 s [] in MorphicEventDispatcher>dispatchEvent:with:
        0xc572a98 s BlockClosure>ensure:
        0xc572b78 s MorphicEventDispatcher>dispatchEvent:with:
        0xc572c50 s ToggleMenuItemMorph(Morph)>processEvent:using:
        0xc572d08 s MorphicEventDispatcher>dispatchDefault:with:
        0xc572dc0 s MorphicEventDispatcher>handleMouseUp:
        0xc572ec8 s MouseButtonEvent>sentTo:
        0xc572f80 s [] in MorphicEventDispatcher>dispatchEvent:with:
        0xc573038 s BlockClosure>ensure:
        0xc573118 s MorphicEventDispatcher>dispatchEvent:with:
        0xc5731f0 s MenuMorph(Morph)>processEvent:using:
        0xc5732a8 s MenuMorph(Morph)>processEvent:
        0xc573360 s MenuMorph>handleFocusEvent:
        0xc573418 s [] in HandMorph>sendFocusEvent:to:clear:
        0xc5734d0 s BlockClosure>on:do:
        0xc5735d0 s WorldMorph(PasteUpMorph)>becomeActiveDuring:
        0xc5736c0 s HandMorph>sendFocusEvent:to:clear:
        0xc5737c0 s HandMorph>sendEvent:focus:clear:
        0xc5738b0 s HandMorph>sendMouseEvent:
        0xc573968 s HandMorph>handleEvent:
        0xc573a20 s HandMorph>processEventsFromQueue:
        0xc573ad8 s HandMorph>processEvents
        0xc573b90 s [] in WorldState>doOneCycleNowFor:
        0xc573c48 s Array(SequenceableCollection)>do:
        0xc573d20 s WorldState>handsDo:
        0xc573dd8 s WorldState>doOneCycleNowFor:
        0xc573e90 s WorldState>doOneCycleFor:
        0xc573f48 s WorldMorph>doOneCycle
        0xc574000 s WorldMorph class>doOneCycle
        0xc040f88 s [] in MorphicUIManager>spawnNewProcess
        0xc040d40 s [] in BlockClosure>newProcess

Most recent primitives

stack page bytes 8192 available headroom 5576 minimum unused headroom 7200

(no room in eden for allocateSmallNewSpaceSlots:format:classIndex:)
Annullato (core dump creato)

Are the data you expected?

Thanks,
Dario

Date: Wed May 9 10:36:12 2018 CommitHash: 334be97
[...]

No :-).  Can you put your image and changes up anywhere I can get at them?  Or can you put them in a zip or tar archive and email them to me? I'm curious.

best, Eliot