Pharo integration in enterprise feedback

Pharo integration in enterprise feedback

laurent laffont
Hi,

I'm looking for feedback on Pharo integration in enterprise.

Especially how you have managed to put Pharo in your enterprise.

For example, I'm involved in web application development in other languages. For functional testing I'm able to script Selenium using Pharo thanks to WebTester. So Pharo has made a small step at my work.

I'm looking for such stories.

Cheers,

Laurent Laffont

Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/

Re: Pharo integration in enterprise feedback

S Krish
Just my two cents on Pharo and Spring ( with Groovy is my pet line..)

http://skrishnamachari.wordpress.com/2010/12/03/smalltalk-in-the-enterprise-world/

I am working on this by the way..  XMLRPC was the first step I took in
that direction. Working on the simple Spring Filter and Pharo -
Seaside rootFolder fix to make it play at the very basic level.. and
take it ahead from there..

-Skrish

Friday, November 26, 2010, laurent laffont <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm looking for feedback on Pharo integration in enterprise.
> Especially how you have managed to put Pharo in your enterprise.
>

> For example, I'm involved in web application development in other languages. For functional testing I'm able to script Selenium using Pharo thanks to WebTester. So Pharo has made a small step at my work.
>

> I'm looking for such stories.
> Cheers,
> Laurent Laffont
>
> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/

Re: Pharo integration in enterprise feedback

laurent laffont
Skrish, IMHO steps like this one are very important. Thank you for blogging on this. I'm waiting for more :)

Laurent.

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 5:17 AM, S Krish <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just my two cents on Pharo and Spring ( with Groovy is my pet line..)

http://skrishnamachari.wordpress.com/2010/12/03/smalltalk-in-the-enterprise-world/

I am working on this by the way..  XMLRPC was the first step I took in
that direction. Working on the simple Spring Filter and Pharo -
Seaside rootFolder fix to make it play at the very basic level.. and
take it ahead from there..

-Skrish

Friday, November 26, 2010, laurent laffont <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm looking for feedback on Pharo integration in enterprise.
> Especially how you have managed to put Pharo in your enterprise.
>

> For example, I'm involved in web application development in other languages. For functional testing I'm able to script Selenium using Pharo thanks to WebTester. So Pharo has made a small step at my work.
>

> I'm looking for such stories.
> Cheers,
> Laurent Laffont
>
> Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
> Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/

Re: Pharo integration in enterprise feedback

S Krish
The progress is painfully slow for obvious reasons. Sometimes wish one can throw away the yoke of working for survival and just work on for research.. hope to reach there in the next couple of years..!

But the target of getting some usable base I hope to publish through before  end of month for sure.. and see if I can have it running full time for internal apps within my company as a starting point..

The big leap will be in starting up the bean integration ..

-Skrish