Pharo key features (document)

Pavel Krivanek-3
Hi, I have created a list of the key Pharo features with some images and animations that should help to explain to public what is cool on Pharo. It is based on a list formerly created for a Wikipedia article.

Please look at it to check if something is worth to add or change before we will try to use it somewhere for real.

Cheers,
-- Pavel

Re: Pharo key features (document)

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Wow, wow, wow, Pavel, this is a really great list. Well done and thank you.

It is really impressive if you all these features in a list.

It is long and complex, so feedback will only come slowly. And you most probably missed some things as well.

Sven

> On 5 Jan 2020, at 11:01, Pavel Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi, I have created a list of the key Pharo features with some images and animations that should help to explain to public what is cool on Pharo. It is based on a list formerly created for a Wikipedia article.
>
> https://github.com/pavel-krivanek/pharoMaterials/blob/master/features/PharoKeyFeatures.md
>
> Please look at it to check if something is worth to add or change before we will try to use it somewhere for real.
>
> Cheers,
> -- Pavel

Re: Pharo key features (document)

SergeStinckwich
Impressive list !!!

Would be nice to have an html version at the end with high-resolution screen shots and put it on the pharo.org website with nice transition animations like the one you found on Apple website for example.

Sent from my iPhone

On 5 Jan 2020, at 11:02, Pavel Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi, I have created a list of the key Pharo features with some images and animations that should help to explain to public what is cool on Pharo. It is based on a list formerly created for a Wikipedia article.

Please look at it to check if something is worth to add or change before we will try to use it somewhere for real.

Cheers,
-- Pavel

-- Pavel

Re: Pharo key features (document)

Esteban A. Maringolo
Hi Pavel.

Impressive, thank you for collecting and presenting it in this way.
It's certainly a very good way to promote Pharo.

Regards,

Esteban A. Maringolo

On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 7:02 AM Pavel Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, I have created a list of the key Pharo features with some images and animations that should help to explain to public what is cool on Pharo. It is based on a list formerly created for a Wikipedia article.
>
> https://github.com/pavel-krivanek/pharoMaterials/blob/master/features/PharoKeyFeatures.md
>
> Please look at it to check if something is worth to add or change before we will try to use it somewhere for real.
>
> Cheers,
> -- Pavel

Re: Pharo key features (document)

alistairgrant
Hi Pavel,

Excellent presentation!

Thanks!
Alistair

On Sun, 5 Jan 2020 at 11:02, Pavel Krivanek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, I have created a list of the key Pharo features with some images and animations that should help to explain to public what is cool on Pharo. It is based on a list formerly created for a Wikipedia article.
>
> https://github.com/pavel-krivanek/pharoMaterials/blob/master/features/PharoKeyFeatures.md
>
> Please look at it to check if something is worth to add or change before we will try to use it somewhere for real.
>
> Cheers,
> -- Pavel

R: Pharo key features (document)

Lorenzo