Pharo not opening my image automatically

Pharo not opening my image automatically

kilon.alios
Hey guys, I have a makefile that downloads Pharo with

curl get.pharo.org/alpha+vmLatest | bash

I then move pharo.app from the pharo-vm subfolder to the parent folder that contains my Ephestos.image , together with Pharo50.sources the problem is that when I double click on it instead of opening my image automatically as Squeak used to do , it does not and instead it prompts me which image to choose even though there is no other image in folder and no other changes file (Ephestos.changes)

Am I doing something wrong ? Should it not open the image automatically without asking me ?

Re: Pharo not opening my image automatically

kilon.alios
Did you guys receive my message, or did it go to your spam folder ? None has an answer for my problem ?

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 1:47 PM Dimitris Chloupis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey guys, I have a makefile that downloads Pharo with

curl get.pharo.org/alpha+vmLatest | bash

I then move pharo.app from the pharo-vm subfolder to the parent folder that contains my Ephestos.image , together with Pharo50.sources the problem is that when I double click on it instead of opening my image automatically as Squeak used to do , it does not and instead it prompts me which image to choose even though there is no other image in folder and no other changes file (Ephestos.changes)

Am I doing something wrong ? Should it not open the image automatically without asking me ?

Am I doing something wrong ? Should it not open the image automatically without asking me ?

Re: Pharo not opening my image automatically

kilon.alios
and you are awesome, yeap macos has plist file inside the Pharo.app , equivalent to windows ini.

Changing

    <key>SqueakImageName</key>
    <string>Pharo4.0.image</string>

    <key>SqueakImageName</key>
    <string>Ephestos.image</string>

did the trick

On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 2:50 PM [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

It does but I do not want to do that, I prefer the traditional way to click on my dock and that Pharo opens my image because I use only one image. I store my libraries using git and github.

I do not even save the image unless I really have to store the live state and that rarely happens.

On the other hand I do rebuilt my image daily , I have added a setup on catalog browser( which downloads and installs a bunch of libraries I depend on ) and a startup configuration file ( it launches the setups the first time an image is opened ) and a make file which does all this automatically when I issue "make run" on command line.

My next step is to replace the makefile with a Pharo GUI because I want to completely abandon the command line which I do not like using.