Pharo on Android questions

laurent laffont
Hi,

I'm happy because I've been able to put my Pharo MPD client on Android to control my Raspberry Pi sound system :)

Thanks a lot for this wonderful documentation: http://code.google.com/p/squeakvm-tablet/wiki/JenkinsBuilds , it feels great to start something in Pharo that works on the first try just reading the doc :)

Now the questions:

- the MPD client is doing lot of network operations & parsing: fetch data from MPD server, Spotify, parse JSON responses, ....   It feels rather slow on the phone. What is the easiest way to measure performance of the image running on Android and detect bottlenecks ?

- I remember there was a lot of discussions about remote tools some months ago. I been busy since then, is there news on this side ?

- it seems it's not possible to display the app in portrait, only landscape, no automatic rotation. Confirm ?

- is there a Morphic theme available that matches Android look & feel ?

- is it possible to control the Menu and Back hardware buttons ?

Cheers,

Laurent

Laurent

Re: Pharo on Android questions

Stéphane Ducasse
we should avoid to break it when changing code so may be we should include as a default style.

Stef