Pharo on Linux 64bit system (Alan Rodas)Re:

1 message Options

Pharo on Linux 64bit system (Alan Rodas)Re:

Paul DeBruicker
On 12/20/2010 02:16 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Message: 4
> Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 23:18:21 -0300
> From: Alan Rodas<[hidden email]>
> Subject: [Pharo-users] Pharo on Linux 64bit system
> To: A friendly place where any question about pharo is welcome
> <[hidden email]>
>
> Hello, I recently updated my system to a 64bit one I had trouble running
> Pharo.
> I made the one click image run by adding manually the missing libraries to
> /usr/lib32 but its quite annoing to do that.
> So I would like to ask
>
> Is there a 64 bit vm?
> Is there a linux package that contains all necessary lib files to run Pharo
> in a 64 bit linux?
>
> I made a zip file with all this libraries so if there's nothing better let
> me know and I will upload it.
>
> Cheers
> --
> Alan Rodas Bonjour

I don't think there is an actively maintained 64 bit vm.

On 64bit systems you just need to load the 32bit libs by installing the
package 'ia32-libs'.  On Debian and Ubuntu you can just

apt-get install ia32-libs

then the one-click app will work just fine.  I imagine its the same
package name on other distros but I don't know for sure.