Pharo on iPad Pro

Uko2
Now we have to make the first IDE tailored specially for iPad Pro :)

Uko

Re: Pharo on iPad Pro

EstebanLM
;)

> On 10 Sep 2015, at 11:36, Yuriy Tymchuk <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Now we have to make the first IDE tailored specially for iPad Pro :)
>
> Uko

Re: Pharo on iPad Pro

kilon.alios
It would have to be a closed version, since Apple does not allow for apps that can load third party code.  Or did this change ? Are there other IDEs on iPad ? It has been sometime since the last time I used my G1 ipad, I own an android tablet but I am very tempted to switch back to iPad.

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 1:15 PM Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
;)

> On 10 Sep 2015, at 11:36, Yuriy Tymchuk <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Now we have to make the first IDE tailored specially for iPad Pro :)
>
> Uko

Re: Pharo on iPad Pro

Stephan Eggermont-3
On 10-09-15 14:26, Dimitris Chloupis wrote:
> It would have to be a closed version, since Apple does not allow for apps
> that can load third party code.  Or did this change ?

It changed.

https://developer.apple.com/xcode/

Now everyone can get their app on their Apple device.
Xcode 7 and Swift now make it easier for everyone to build apps and run
them directly on their Apple devices. Simply sign in with your Apple ID,
and turn your idea into an app that you can touch on your iPad, iPhone,
or Apple Watch. Download Xcode 7 beta and try it yourself today. Program
membership is not required.

Stephan

Re: Pharo on iPad Pro

Aliaksei Syrel
On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 2:51 PM, Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:
Now everyone can get their app on their Apple device.
Xcode 7 and Swift now make it easier for everyone to build apps and run them directly on their Apple devices. Simply sign in with your Apple ID, and turn your idea into an app that you can touch on your iPad, iPhone, or Apple Watch. Download Xcode 7 beta and try it yourself today. Program membership is not required.

Download Xcode 7 beta and try it yourself today.

Are you Apple's advertisment agent? :D

Re: Pharo on iPad Pro

Stephan Eggermont-3
On 10-09-15 14:57, Aliaksei Syrel wrote:
> Are you Apple's advertisment agent? :D

No that is a direct quote. I'm just happy that
Apple very slowly seems to move in the right direction.
It will probably need a lot of pressure from EU to keep
going in that direction. That makes them rather similar to Facebook,
Microsoft and Google, and earlier IBM.

Stephan

Re: Pharo on iPad Pro

kilon.alios
WOW thats quite a change of direction !!!
Thanks for bringing this to my attention :) Suddenly I am way more optimistic :)

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 3:52 PM Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 10-09-15 14:26, Dimitris Chloupis wrote:
> It would have to be a closed version, since Apple does not allow for apps
> that can load third party code.  Or did this change ?

It changed.

https://developer.apple.com/xcode/

Now everyone can get their app on their Apple device.
Xcode 7 and Swift now make it easier for everyone to build apps and run
them directly on their Apple devices. Simply sign in with your Apple ID,
and turn your idea into an app that you can touch on your iPad, iPhone,
or Apple Watch. Download Xcode 7 beta and try it yourself today. Program
membership is not required.

Stephan

Re: Pharo on iPad Pro

philippeback
Time to dust off Xcode :-)

Pharo 5.0 on iPad would be cool.

Phil

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 3:46 PM, Dimitris Chloupis <[hidden email]> wrote:
WOW thats quite a change of direction !!!
Thanks for bringing this to my attention :) Suddenly I am way more optimistic :)

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 3:52 PM Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 10-09-15 14:26, Dimitris Chloupis wrote:
> It would have to be a closed version, since Apple does not allow for apps
> that can load third party code.  Or did this change ?

It changed.

https://developer.apple.com/xcode/

Now everyone can get their app on their Apple device.
Xcode 7 and Swift now make it easier for everyone to build apps and run
them directly on their Apple devices. Simply sign in with your Apple ID,
and turn your idea into an app that you can touch on your iPad, iPhone,
or Apple Watch. Download Xcode 7 beta and try it yourself today. Program
membership is not required.

Stephan

Re: Pharo on iPad Pro

ccrraaiigg

     They still won't approve apps that install new code at runtime,
though. So any IDE that used Monticello, for example, would have to be
distributed ad-hoc rather than through the Apple Store.

     Please let me know if that's changed; I would be a lot more
interested in iOS if it did.

-C

--
Craig Latta
netjam.org

Re: Pharo on iPad Pro

kilon.alios
wait, wait, I knew there was a catch :D

This refers to creating your own app with XCODE and installing it to your OWN iOS device. App store still remains the easy way of distributing apps and I doubt that will accept Pharo as it is .

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 3:52 PM Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 10-09-15 14:26, Dimitris Chloupis wrote:
> It would have to be a closed version, since Apple does not allow for apps
> that can load third party code.  Or did this change ?

It changed.

https://developer.apple.com/xcode/

Now everyone can get their app on their Apple device.
Xcode 7 and Swift now make it easier for everyone to build apps and run
them directly on their Apple devices. Simply sign in with your Apple ID,
and turn your idea into an app that you can touch on your iPad, iPhone,
or Apple Watch. Download Xcode 7 beta and try it yourself today. Program
membership is not required.

Stephan

Re: Pharo on iPad Pro

philippeback
Still, this is better than having your app die on your own device coz some damn dev cert expired.

Phil

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 3:57 PM, Dimitris Chloupis <[hidden email]> wrote:
wait, wait, I knew there was a catch :D

This refers to creating your own app with XCODE and installing it to your OWN iOS device. App store still remains the easy way of distributing apps and I doubt that will accept Pharo as it is .

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 3:52 PM Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 10-09-15 14:26, Dimitris Chloupis wrote:
> It would have to be a closed version, since Apple does not allow for apps
> that can load third party code.  Or did this change ?

It changed.

https://developer.apple.com/xcode/

Now everyone can get their app on their Apple device.
Xcode 7 and Swift now make it easier for everyone to build apps and run
them directly on their Apple devices. Simply sign in with your Apple ID,
and turn your idea into an app that you can touch on your iPad, iPhone,
or Apple Watch. Download Xcode 7 beta and try it yourself today. Program
membership is not required.

Stephan

Re: Pharo on iPad Pro

stepharo

Le 10/9/15 15:31, Stephan Eggermont a écrit :
> On 10-09-15 14:57, Aliaksei Syrel wrote:
>> Are you Apple's advertisment agent? :D
>
> No that is a direct quote. I'm just happy that
> Apple very slowly seems to move in the right direction.
> It will probably need a lot of pressure from EU to keep
> going in that direction. That makes them rather similar to Facebook,
> Microsoft and Google, and earlier IBM.

+1
I want a brick app in such device :)