Pharo program "examples"

Hans Schueren
Hello again ,

are there any Pharo Program examples online ?

I dont mean normal examples from coding.

What i mean are end-user programs.

Completely ready Online for downloading.

Regards

Hans

Re: Pharo program "examples"

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Hans,

> On 28 Oct 2014, at 10:06, Hans Schueren <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello again ,
>
> are there any Pharo Program examples online ?
>
> I dont mean normal examples from coding.
>
> What i mean are end-user programs.
>
> Completely ready Online for downloading.

Of course there are, but most will be a bit too complex I guess.

But you are looking at this from the wrong angle. Kilon tried to explain this to you before.

You have to see Pharo as a system, a world that contains a lot of things, all at your fingertips. You build applications by changing that system to become your system. There is not really such a thing as a complete standalone application in the classic sense. BTW, one could argue that even for classic languages like C, Java or C# this is not really the case since they use lots of libraries and OS services as well.

One way to answer your question is that the system itself is the best example of (many) different applications.

I know this won't help much, sorry.

Maybe some of my recent articles can help:

https://medium.com/@svenvc

These are all meant as introductions/tutorials.

Regards,

Sven

Re: Pharo program "examples"

HilaireFernandes
Le 28/10/2014 10:06, Hans Schueren a écrit :

> What i mean are end-user programs.
>
> Completely ready Online for downloading.

Try these two Pharo applications in my signature.
The Bash and Smalltalk build script are pretty simple and found in their
respective repository at Launchpad.

Hilaire
--
Dr. Geo - http://drgeo.eu