[Pharo-project] [ANN] Spotlight like morph for pharo

[Pharo-project] [ANN] Spotlight like morph for pharo

Guillermo Polito
Fwd :)

Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Spotlight like morph for pharo

Sven Van Caekenberghe
This is actually a very cool feature, so much stuff happening, not enough time to look at and test everything…

Thx!

On 24 Apr 2012, at 09:43, Guillermo Polito wrote:

> Fwd :)

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Guillermo Polito wrote
ps: this is also an example of why I hate morphic so much (bah... current
dirty implementation): I had to extend two classes just to change the
editor used by a textmorph.... come on!!!!
Hee hee. That pain is very familiar...
Cheers,
Sean

Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Spotlight like morph for pharo

Stéphane Ducasse
Open a bug entry and propose a solution like that we get it…. ;)

Stef

On Apr 25, 2012, at 2:43 AM, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> Guillermo Polito wrote
>>
>> ps: this is also an example of why I hate morphic so much (bah... current
>> dirty implementation): I had to extend two classes just to change the
>> editor used by a textmorph.... come on!!!!
>>

> Hee hee. That pain is very familiar...

Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Spotlight like morph for pharo

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Stéphane Ducasse wrote
Open a bug entry and propose a solution like that we get it…. ;)
I've submitted little improvements as I've come up with them, but in general, I'm unclear what to do about Morphic. Also, I don't want to overlap with existing efforts. For example, I started to clean the event handling and then found out you were already working on it. If you have any ideas, I'd be willing to try. Is there a Morphic roadmap?

Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Spotlight like morph for pharo

Stéphane Ducasse
Thanks thanks thanks for asking!!
Building a group of people on that would be excellent.

What would be good is
        - have a look at the EventModel package because we cleaned the low level event raised by the vm not the morphic management of them
                - reduce the direct use of sensor in the morphic world and probably other (lower package than morphic)
                - clean a bit the event handling
                        - look how to integrate fernando modeling of event handling: state pattern + distribute responsibilities of HandMorph into
                        several classes because HandMorph is doing too much

        - we want to remove DependentFields from Object and we should probably follow what CUIS did: i.e. reexpresse changed/update
        using the EventManager
                - look in MC and make sure that MC classes are subclasses of Model

        - reduce the API of the event Manager on Object: probably just couple of methods is enough.

        - Ideally we should remove the changed:/update protocol because it broadcasts and
        replace that with something around on:send:to:
        - Remove as much as possible of respondsTo: for UI widget.

        - Adding Anchor layout developed by Igor so that we can specify that a widget is attached to a border.
        - rewriting all the drawOn: methods into drawOnAsAthens: so that we can remove the old canvas
        - Integrate the CUIS layout that fernando integrated.

Doing that would be already a good achievement!
So let us know if one is exciting for you.

Stef

> Stéphane Ducasse wrote
>>
>> Open a bug entry and propose a solution like that we get it…. ;)
>>

> I've submitted little improvements as I've come up with them, but in
> general, I'm unclear what to do about Morphic. Also, I don't want to overlap
> with existing efforts. For example, I started to clean the event handling
> and then found out you were already working on it. If you have any ideas,
> I'd be willing to try. Is there a Morphic roadmap?
>
> Sean

Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Spotlight like morph for pharo

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Guillermo Polito wrote
I want to announce a little tool I made the other day
Cool! I noticed it works on class & method names (brings up implementors) :) And, it works in 1.3 and 1.4...
Cheers,
Sean

Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Spotlight like morph for pharo

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 10:38 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:

Guillermo Polito wrote

> I want to announce a little tool I made the other day

Cool! I noticed it works on class & method names (brings up implementors) :)
And, it works in 1.3 and 1.4...

In fact, it uses OCompletion, so imagine it is exactly the same as typing in a workspace ;)

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: [Pharo-project] [ANN] Spotlight like morph for pharo

Juan Ignacio Vaccarezza
really cool!
Im just getting the flexibility of the system as a whole, this is a very good example I think.

Thanks.

Juan