Pharo research page

abergel
Dear All,

As you may know, the page http://www.pharo-project.org/about/research lists the publications related to Pharo.

If you have a publication related to Pharo and want to see it listed there, send me the bibitem.
Example of bibentries are http://scg.unibe.ch/scgbib?_k=4LCS3SCq&query=pharo+2011&display=bibtex
Having a url field in your bibitem will enable people download your paper.

5 publications are listed for 2011. I am sure we have published more than that :-)

Cheers,
Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: Pharo research page

Stéphane Ducasse
Ok I will tag all our publications using pharo with pharo and I send you that.

Stef

On Dec 12, 2011, at 2:13 PM, Alexandre Bergel wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> As you may know, the page http://www.pharo-project.org/about/research lists the publications related to Pharo.
>
> If you have a publication related to Pharo and want to see it listed there, send me the bibitem.
> Example of bibentries are http://scg.unibe.ch/scgbib?_k=4LCS3SCq&query=pharo+2011&display=bibtex
> Having a url field in your bibitem will enable people download your paper.
>
> 5 publications are listed for 2011. I am sure we have published more than that :-)
>
> Cheers,
> Alexandre

Re: Pharo research page

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi Alexandre. I attach one of object swapping and ImageSegment, it is a journal. There is the journal of Fuel also but we are waiting the notification :(

Cheers

@article{Mart11c,
    Abstract = {In object-oriented systems, runtime memory is composed of an object graph in which objects refer to other objects. This graph of objects evolves while the system is running.
Graph exporting and swapping are two important object graph operations.
Exporting refers to copying the graph to some other memory so that it can be loaded by another system.
Swapping refers to moving the graph to a secondary memory (for example, a hard disk) to  temporary release part of the primary memory (for example, RAM).
Exporting and swapping are achieved in different ways and the speed in presence of large object graphs is critical. Nevertheless, most of the existing solutions do not address well this issue. Another challenge is to deal with  common situations where objects outside the exported/swapped graph point to objects inside the graph. To correctly load back an exported subgraph, it is necessary to compute and export extra information that is not explicit in the object subgraph.  This extra information is needed because certain objects may require to be reinitialized or recreated, to run specific code before or after the loading, to be updated to a new class definition, etc.
In this paper, we present all general problems to our knowledge about object exporting and swapping. As a case of study, we present an analysis of ImageSegment, a fast solution to export and swap object graphs, developed by Dan Ingalls. ImageSegment addresses the speed problems in an efficient way, as shown by the results of several benchmarks we have conducted using Pharo Smalltalk.
However, ImageSegment is not a panacea since it still has other problems that hampers its general use.},
    Aeres = {ACL},
    Aeresstatus = {aeres12},
    Annote = {internationaljournal},
    Author = {Martinez Peck, Mariano and Noury Bouraqadi and St\'ephane Ducasse and Luc Fabresse},
    Doi = {10.1016/j.cl.2011.10.001},
    Labo = {dans},
    Journal = {Journal of Computer Languages, Systems and Structures},
    Keywords = {pharo-pub lse-pub raweb2011},
    Impactfactor = {5 Year ISI impact factor 0.567 (2010)},
    Month = nov,
    Number = {1},
    Pages = {1--15},
    Peerreview = {yes},
    Publisher = {Elsevier},
    Title = {Object Swapping Challenges: an Evaluation of ImageSegment},
    Url = {http://rmod.lille.inria.fr/archives/papers/Mart11c-COMLAN-ObjectSwapping.pdf},
    Volume = {38},
    X-Country = {FR},
    X-Editorial-Board = {yes},
    X-International-Audience = {yes},
    X-Language = {EN},
    X-Pays = {FR},
    X-Proceedings = {yes},
    Year = {2012},
    Hal-Id = {hal-00646897},
    Inria = {RMOD},
    Selectif = {non}}

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 2:13 PM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear All,

As you may know, the page http://www.pharo-project.org/about/research lists the publications related to Pharo.

If you have a publication related to Pharo and want to see it listed there, send me the bibitem.
Example of bibentries are http://scg.unibe.ch/scgbib?_k=4LCS3SCq&query=pharo+2011&display=bibtex
Having a url field in your bibitem will enable people download your paper.

5 publications are listed for 2011. I am sure we have published more than that :-)

Cheers,
Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Re: Pharo research page

Stéphane Ducasse
I already gave all our pharo related refs to alex.

Stef