Pharo showing up where you least expect it

Pharo showing up where you least expect it

tbrunz
I spotted a Pharo object in Los Angeles...

<http://forum.world.st/file/t372161/Pharo-Alhambra.jpg>

It was a type mismatch -- not the category that I was expecting.  I didn't
have time for a breakpoint, so I didn't halt to inspect it (or browse its
menus).  I haven't read any critics' profiles of this place, so I don't know
if it's a class act or maybe needs to be debugged.  Still, I thought I would
message the image file to provide some small talk on the forum -- hopefully
without violating protocol.

Cheers,
-t

Re: Pharo showing up where you least expect it

Noury Bouraqadi-2
:-D

> On 1 Jul 2019, at 19:22, Brainstorms <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I spotted a Pharo object in Los Angeles...
>
> <http://forum.world.st/file/t372161/Pharo-Alhambra.jpg>
>
> It was a type mismatch -- not the category that I was expecting.  I didn't
> have time for a breakpoint, so I didn't halt to inspect it (or browse its
> menus).  I haven't read any critics' profiles of this place, so I don't know
> if it's a class act or maybe needs to be debugged.  Still, I thought I would
> message the image file to provide some small talk on the forum -- hopefully
> without violating protocol.
>
> Cheers,
> -t

Re: Pharo showing up where you least expect it

Torsten Bergmann
Hi -t,

I guess we now need to start to debate on how to eat more of our own Hamburger Food.
Or was it Sea(side) food ...

Website pharosburgers.com seems down - so you have to go back in time and dig deeper into
the stack. The way back machine reveals some infos and the logo:

https://web.archive.org/web/20170203200800/http://pharosburgers.com/

and you can deeper inspect the menu items one by one ;)

Anyhow thanks for sharing!

Bye
T. (aka astares)

> Gesendet: Montag, 01. Juli 2019 um 19:22 Uhr
> Von: "Brainstorms" <[hidden email]>
> An: [hidden email]
> Betreff: [Pharo-users] Pharo showing up where you least expect it
>
> I spotted a Pharo object in Los Angeles...
>
> <http://forum.world.st/file/t372161/Pharo-Alhambra.jpg>
>
> It was a type mismatch -- not the category that I was expecting.  I didn't
> have time for a breakpoint, so I didn't halt to inspect it (or browse its
> menus).  I haven't read any critics' profiles of this place, so I don't know
> if it's a class act or maybe needs to be debugged.  Still, I thought I would
> message the image file to provide some small talk on the forum -- hopefully
> without violating protocol.
>
> Cheers,
> -t

Re: Pharo showing up where you least expect it

tbrunz
Hi Torsten,

Sadly, Alhambra is not a "Seaside" community, so it will have to be the
burgers.  (At least it's not the "dog food" as the American phrase prefers!)

Thanks for the WayBack link.  I'm more of a "slow food" person, but perhaps
I should try this place, just out of curiosity -- and to say that "I'm so
into Pharo that I'm eating it up!"  (The gyros look good...)

Perhaps I could convince the owners that their website really does need the
"Pharo Touch" with some Seaside seasoning...  'You can add a line at the
bottom of each page: "Pharo's website was made with Pharo".'

And, of course, with that last word being a link to pharo.org...

-Ted

Torsten Bergmann wrote