Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Pharo-users] Fwd: [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo1.0-10507-rc2dev10.01.2

Mariano Martinez Peck
Thanks John...I forgot about this list...too new :)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 3:32 PM
Subject: [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo1.0-10507-rc2dev10.01.2
To: Pharo Development <[hidden email]>

Hi folks.  This is 1.0 RC2. Please, look at this image in a nice way because it is very likely that if there is no big issue, it will be 1.0 official. We need to release 1.0.

Issues fixed
:  In addition to the fixes from the PharoCore, we have: 1033, 1182, 1826, 1862.

Big changes:

- Now we use OB from Lukas Renggli repository and we have ALL TESTS GREEN!!!     Thanks Lukas!
- O2 loads again in the image without breaking OB. Read the workspace to see how to install it. Thanks David and Alexandre!
- We have almost (only one failing here) ALL TESTS of the PharoDev image in green. They are more than 8800.

Smaller changes:

- Fixed the problem with Metacello and OCompletion. No more overrides.
- System -> About now shows the real Pharo name, not the core. I am also being "compatible" with the new SystemVersion that we have in 1.1  :)   Thanks Michael and Miguel!
- I didn't left again my proxy settings. I fixed this in my build scripts. It should be clean  :)
- Mercury bar is back again. If you want to disable:  Preferences disable: #mercuryPanel.
- Added a lot of cleanups after creating the image, including condensing .changes
- Added Refactoring-Spelling again.   Thanks Stan!
- I wrote a ConfigurationOfNile instead of Nile-All and depends on Monticello dependencies.
- New welcome workspaces. Also getting started workspace and another workspace explaining how to load external packages like Seaside (2.8 and 3), Magritte, Pier, Moose, GetTools, O2, etc. Finally it is also added a link to the new ProfStef :)
Do you think that with this we are able to close issue1479 ?
- Background with Pharo picture. This was a joke. It looked nice :)    I promise I don't put it again if you don't like. To remove it evaluate:
World color: Color white.
- Enable the preference fastDragWindowForMorphic. Sorry, but it most computers this works REALLY slow. If you want them back, just disable it.
- When installing Seaside now doesn't ask for user and password ( admin/seaside ). In addition, the Seaside Control Panel is only isntalled if OB is installed. This means that yu can install it in core or dev. Thanks Dale!
- Disable of System Update for Dev images as it is not working properly.

The link is:  https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/25397/Pharo1.0-10508-rc2dev10.01.2.zip

Cheers

Mariano

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: [Pharo-users] Fwd: [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo1.0-10507-rc2dev10.01.2

jfabry
Thanks for the complete description.

I wont be able to test it because I will be offline for some time starting Real Soon Now, so just one superficial comment:

I like the pharo picture, but on my 1600x1050 screen it repeats, it should be bigger in the y direction (like 2000 or something, so it fits on Stef's 30 inch display ;-) )

On 26 Jan 2010, at 14:16, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

Hi folks.  This is 1.0 RC2. Please, look at this image in a nice way because it is very likely that if there is no big issue, it will be 1.0 official. We need to release 1.0.

Issues fixed
:  In addition to the fixes from the PharoCore, we have: 1033, 1182, 1826, 1862.

Big changes:

- Now we use OB from Lukas Renggli repository and we have ALL TESTS GREEN!!!     Thanks Lukas!
- O2 loads again in the image without breaking OB. Read the workspace to see how to install it. Thanks David and Alexandre!
- We have almost (only one failing here) ALL TESTS of the PharoDev image in green. They are more than 8800.

Smaller changes:

- System -> About now shows the real Pharo name, not the core. I am also being "compatible" with the new SystemVersion that we have in 1.1  :)   Thanks Michael and Miguel!
- I didn't left again my proxy settings. I fixed this in my build scripts. It should be clean  :)
- Mercury bar is back again. If you want to disable:  Preferences disable: #mercuryPanel.
- Added a lot of cleanups after creating the image, including condensing .changes
- I wrote a ConfigurationOfNile instead of Nile-All and depends on Monticello dependencies.
- New welcome workspaces. Also getting started workspace and another workspace explaining how to load external packages like Seaside (2.8 and 3), Magritte, Pier, Moose, GetTools, O2, etc. Finally it is also added a link to the new ProfStef :)
- Background with Pharo picture. This was a joke. It looked nice :)    I promise I don't put it again if you don't like. To remove it evaluate:
- Enable the preference fastDragWindowForMorphic. Sorry, but it most computers this works REALLY slow. If you want them back, just disable it.
- When installing Seaside now doesn't ask for user and password ( admin/seaside ). In addition, the Seaside Control Panel is only isntalled if OB is installed. This means that yu can install it in core or dev. Thanks Dale!

The link is:  https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/download.php/25397/Pharo1.0-10508-rc2dev10.01.2.zip

Cheers

Mariano

--
Johan Fabry   
PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: [Pharo-users] Fwd: [BetaTesting] [ANN] Pharo1.0-10507-rc2dev10.01.2

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 7:17 PM, Johan Fabry <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks for the complete description.

You are welcome.

I wont be able to test it because I will be offline for some time starting Real Soon Now, so just one superficial comment:

Don't worry.

I like the pharo picture, but on my 1600x1050 screen it repeats, it should be bigger in the y direction (like 2000 or something, so it fits on Stef's 30 inch display ;-) )

Yes, thanks. I was already discussed in the other mailing list. I guess I will have to remove it if nobody has a solution for that. It was so nice :(

On 26 Jan 2010, at 14:16, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

Issues fixed

Big changes:

Smaller changes:

Cheers

Mariano

--
Johan Fabry   
PLEIAD Lab - Computer Science Department (DCC) - University of Chile