[Pharo-users] pathfinder object?

pop.mail.yahoo.com
Hello,
I am wondering if anyone has coded a pathfinding object in Smalltalk?  I am working on one, but don't want to "reinvent the wheel". I am new to Pharo and Smalltalk, so this should be a good learning experience.  I am using the A* algorithm for starters, but would like to have a variety of pathfinding options using different algorithms.

Thanks,
Jack

Re: [Pharo-users] pathfinder object?

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi Jack

did you check PointerFinder?

I can search for reasons why a certain object isn't garbage collected.  I'm a quick port of a VisualWorks program written by Hans-Martin Mosner.  Call me as shown below.  I'll search for a path from a global variable to the given object, presenting it in a small morphic UI.

Examples:
        PointerFinder on: self currentHand
        PointerFinder on: StandardSystemView someInstance

Now, let's see why this image contains more HandMorphs as expected...

HandMorph allInstancesDo: [:e | PointerFinder on: e]

would be nice to get it a better interface.....

Stef