Pharo website homepage

laurent laffont
Hi,

Discussing with Stephane I was thinking that pharo website homepage could be far less verbose in order to attract, guide newcomers better. IMHO it's a very important point for Pharo 1.0.
I like the Rails homepage http://rubyonrails.org/, especially the Get Excited / Started / Better / Involved.

What do you think ?

Laurent Laffont

Re: Pharo website homepage

Adrian Lienhard
Sure! I think it is a good idea to structure the page and lead the viewer like this. I'm happy to consider concrete proposals on how to improve our website.

Note, we have a "Get Started" that is even less verbose than rubyonrails.com [1] ;). In this case it's actually too minimalistic. Should be improved...

Cheers,
Adrian

[1] http://www.pharo-project.org/documentation/getting-started

On Feb 22, 2010, at 18:37 , laurent laffont wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Discussing with Stephane I was thinking that pharo website homepage could be
> far less verbose in order to attract, guide newcomers better. IMHO it's a
> very important point for Pharo 1.0.
> I like the Rails homepage http://rubyonrails.org/, especially the Get
> Excited / Started / Better / Involved.
>
> What do you think ?